High driven miles, still worth buying?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yay! Nothing wrong with a 1.4!!

Bet your grinning after driving it! Still corners just as well and the 0-60 isn't that far behind to be honest.

Wise choice - enjoy your new car! :eek:k:

Yep, although still gotta be a bit careful around the corners here since there might be black ice or loose gravel which can make for a nasty surprise.

Will be replacing the brake disc ASAP - does not effect driving much yet, but better be safe than sorry.

I own a 1.4, lots of fun , and they have the same looks as 1.7.
The legal limit on a road is 70 1.4 can manage that in 10 seconds possibly

welcome to puma ownership!!i still love my 1.6 after 6 years of ownership,and ive only done 33,000 miles from new! how many miles are on yours?

Thanks everyone :)

Mine has done about 87 000 miles

I have to ask: Was the remote locking an option/feature in only some models? I got two keys from the prev owner, neither had any buttons or stuff in them and when asked he said the car didn't have remote locking.

Congratulations on the new car Jay :eek:k:

Over here the Remote Central Locking was standard on all models, however I am unsure if this was the case for the rest of europe as I have seen all sorts of weird things over there, like not including alloy wheels with the car.

THe pumas in the UK came with Central Remote locking as standard. Not too sure about those from Finland - although I'd have thought they did.

When you lock a door, does the other one do the same? If so, you've central locking and they've just lost the button remote.

As you have 2 keys, you can reprogramme a new button remote key. Buy one (ebay has plenty) and then follow the guide on here to programme it.

The year of your car depends on what sort you'll need. up to early 1999 will be the 2 button and after that the 3 button. Your '98 should be a 2 button remote. Does your interior light near the rearview mirror have a big black lump hanging down? That needs a 2 button remote.

Like this:
78eb_1.JPG

See here for different remote key types / batteries:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=912" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

See here for re-programming guide:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=39" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The car is actually originally from Germany. It does have central locking, and I checked for the "lump" but it does not have it.

Looks I reached the status of project teen now - can I use too many smileys and bad grammar now? :lol:

Yes. Hopefully soon you will grow out of that stage :lol:

Maybe Central locking without a remote was a combination over there?
If you don't have the receiver then either it doesnt have rcl or it is the 3 button RF which would be strange for a 98... what is the dashboard like, does it have a digital odometer?

As far as I've been able to google, it seems the remote central locking was a standard feature on all Pumas - like you and Dal said was the case in the UK.

The dash has an analog odometer.

Apparently the IR receiver may be in the rearview mirror instead of the lump thing, will need to see if that could be the case.

The manual might have something about it, but it's in german :x It does have pretty pictures, though. =)

Edit: brake disc job will be done tomorrow for £ 185 at the local Ford dealership - cheaper than I expected!

Well, I asked the guy at the dealers about the standard features on Pumas, and he said remote central locking actually was not a standard feature in all Pumas.

Jay said:
Well, I asked the guy at the dealers about the standard features on Pumas, and he said remote central locking actually was not a standard feature in all Pumas.

Not outside the UK perhaps as I said.
Bad luck though. At least you don't have to think that you need a remote locking key.

Bah, turns out the brake saddle (or something, not exactly sure what it's in english) for the brake with the broken disc was also busted... new one cost £ 200 and takes until monday :(

The caliper? (The bit that squeezes the brake bads onto the disc)

£200 :shock: Blimey - Things sure are expensive in Finland :(

Yeah, that's it. The part was something like 175 and the rest is the work.

Edit: just googled a bit and apparently a brake saddle would be about £ 40... I think I'm going to call the dealership and ask why it's going to cost that much...

Turns out original Ford parts are expensive++, like I suspected.

Oh well, at least I can stop without worrying about the brakes now. :D

Next thing would be to upgrade the stereo to something that supports mp3 and is hopefully automatic volume control capable =)

Latest posts

Back