Hiya :)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixie

Hiya,

I'm Pixie, I have a 1.7i Puma in Green , and I have named him Vernon :)

I bought him for £500 off fleabay and I didn't hold out much hope, but he is brilliant!!

I'm not quite sure what to do to him yet, I was thinking new wheels, induction filter, coilys and a maybe some new front seats.

Green is probably the worst colour puma to try and modify, all the others I have seen have black wheels and i'm not sure i wanna go down that route :/
I was thinking something completly different like camo effect or something bizarre.

Only Mod I have done so far i paint the calipers red :)

Here's a piccie of my baby :)

dnccx4.jpg

Welcome to ProjP Pixie!!!!

How about white wheels for the green machine?

There are plenty of ideas around here, any questions on design or issue just ask away... plenty of us more than welcome to help you out.

:thumbs:

Hey thanks for the swift welcome :)

Well I used to have a Cupra with Team Dynamics Pro Rce alloys on and I loved them so maybe a set ofthose in White would be sweet , but then again so would the cost.

Soooooo does ProjP do many meets or go to many events?! I.e. USC?

x

There are a number of meets around the UK, just look in the meets section of the forum.

I have a set of TD Pro race lying around somewhere but in black, they do look good in white however. If youre after the multi spoke look then theres always Superturismos, Speedline turinis and the Ford Racing Puma wheels themselves.

My personal opinion for green would be the white wheels.

Flying Scotsman said:

I agree :)

I think a multi-spoke would defo be the way forward just need to save up enough dosh :)
I would also like a new Zorst for it too :D

x

Pixie said:
Flying Scotsman said:

I think a multi-spoke would defo be the way forward just need to save up enough dosh :)

x

And have you got something in mind? Again everything with cars is about cost... more money, nicer parts....

Hello and welcome.I`d keep the wheels as standard on that colour car,but thats just me. :)

Flying Scotsman said:
Pixie said:
Flying Scotsman said:

x

And have you got something in mind? Again everything with cars is about cost... more money, nicer parts....

I'm not really sure I don't really wanna spend any more than £200 but i don't mid it just been a back box, I kinda want a little bit more grunt if you get me?

What are your thoughts on temporarily drilling holes in the air box?

jonr said:
Hello and welcome.I`d keep the wheels as standard on that colour car,but thats just me. :)

I guess it's all personal preference :/

I wouldnt waste time drilling hole. If you want a raspy sound from the air filter then id get a cone filter.

What do you mean by 'grunt'? I think everyone would want an extra 100bhp from £200 but lets face it, it will never happen, so your grunt might just be sound rather than actual engine power. If it is sound then i know the back box just for you.

Welcome to ProjP :eek:k:

I'd also say white wheels........ but i'm biased :lol:

If you want noise but cant afford power upgrades.. cone induction kit, back box and de-cat.. then maybe smash out any other resinators in the pipe... totally bruv'd up :lol:

Welcome aboard :thumbs: nice colour, classy and sophisticated, cool and errm some other stuff :lol:

I defo dont like the idea of white wheels havent seen it in the flesh though so who knows.

I fancy Graphite refurb of standard wheels on mine, but like graphite or black multi spoke as well.

Powerflow or longlife or one of the other places will do you a backbox for about £200 but dont expect much if any performance improvement, just better looks and more noise if you want it.

I like the camo idea try it out on a few minor bits first and see what you think

quest63 said:
Welcome aboard :thumbs: nice colour, classy and sophisticated, cool and errm some other stuff :lol:
lol, you make me laugh!!

Welcome along Pixie, from another 'Green' owner.

I know what you mean about the green being harder to colour to 'Mod' with, but I will admit, I like it with black. Bearing in mind, my Puma is the earlier 'Jewel' green, much darker than the later 'Pacific Green'.
Pacific green sort of looks like mine, but a bit faded! (did ya notice I got that one in again Quest!? lol)

I first thought the green would be hard to work with, but once you get the right colour to go with it, you'll make it look good!

I noticed I definately noticed and if it wasnt for a dodgy sensor I would have noticed some time earlier :)

Latest posts

Back