Home brew service plan/suggestions

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireFly90

So I'm planning on doing my own service in about a week's time, I know I want to do the oil, sparks, air filter and brake pads but I'm wondering if there's anything else I could do. It does seem a bit down on power and the suspension on the slightly floppy side.

I'm currently toying with the idea of changing the brake fluid and suspension bushes but not sure whether to go for standard replacement or fit poly's (will i have to tell insurance?).

I'm also wondering what else I could do as far as servicing to give the car a refresh?

Edit: I did have new suspension arms fitted in jan 2014's MOT would that have had new bushes in?

Rear beam bushes, then at least every couple of years coolant, coil pack and leads, brake fluid as a fairly standard service to keep in top condition and doesn't cost much., (belts if needed)

rest is just a case of replacing worn components, with suspension, often rear beam bushes, but could be shocks, top mounts, broken spring............ front suspension arms come with bushes, but cheap arms can come with cheap bushes and may or may not be worn.

Latest posts

Back