How long will a 1.7 puma engine go for?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slayllian

How many miles will the 1.7l puma engine go for if properly maintained and serviced? my car has done 108000 miles at the moment and has been regularyly serviced and had the cambelt and water pump changed.

Cheers.

how long is a piece of string.

engines are usually quite strong though, bodywork will let you down before engine

Mines on 124000, full service history and never misses a beat but its all down to how the cars used. Town driving vs motorway/long runs. Enthusiastic vs pampered driving.

Remebering back to when I had my honda, there were guys running well looked after civics at track days with 250k on the clock. Yet a mate of mine who skimped on servicing blew his vtec civic at 110k, then he skimped on the rebuild. It lasted less than 10k.

Cheers 4 the replies, I just want mine 2 go 4ever I have only had the car just over a week but its the best car I have owned.

its like any engine in any car,could go for a million miles,or it could last 3000 miles,no way of telling how long tbh,just luck really

I've personally seen 190 thou on one with it's original engine. However I've changed a 50k one. Look after it and it'll look after you :grin:

The best way to make your engine live longer is regular oil changes I do mine every 6k miles

My new puma has just turned the clock on 138,000 miles, and just started its rallying career at the same time. Engine is sounding fine and goes very well...

I think its been well looked after though. Its always nice when you go to service a car who's history you don't know and find filters etc all looking relatively new. No history with it though so will be doing waterpump and cam belt in a couple of weeks.

The FRP is on nearly 109k and still doing good engine wise :) I know a couple of owners with 180k on their cars..

you look after your engine and it'l look after you :) if it does blow up it's not the end of the world you can pick up an 1.7 engine for around £200 these days :)

yeah mines got nearly 120 and is great, has never let me down (i've had it since 95k) and doesn't drink any oil :p I've heard the average for a zetec is 120k but some last way longer

Back