I just broke down......

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpettigrew

I just broke down on the motorway in my Puma. :( :( :( :(

Looks like the heater control unit has split open, I didn't even know they could. Thought the hoses might have split but it involved a tow truck and now my baby is sat abandoned in the local garage car park. I am sat cradling my wallet expecting impending doom in the form of a repair bill.

I am a but rusty on the DIY car repair thing (must get back into it!), and as I need a speedy repair I had no choice but to do the garage thing.

Bad luck mate! From what I've seen replacing the HCV is a relatively easy job.

so i gather. if could source one instantly, i'd do it tonight. looks dead easy infact! still its now at the garage so gonna have to take this one on the chin!

Still, when your sat on the hard shoulder awaiting the AA and all they can offer is a tow to a garage...what can you do?
:(

Saw a couple fo puma's in the traffic queue past me. I bet it was none of you guys as when i waved they just scowled and drove past. A simple smile would have really helped.

Maybe they've never sat on the side of the road with your pride and joy sick.

I empathise mate : mine was as dead as a broken crankshaft bearing last november so I know what a proper dead puma feels like.

Just imagine the big grin when you get it back - mine was huge after waiting nearly 2 months for a new engine :D

hcv, if thats what it is, is only about £30 so be wary at the garage if they try to charge you more. its about 10 minutes work if you know what your doing.

bad luck there mate.

Bit late in here but as above quick job to change and inexpensive parts, new hcv and probably some fluid +labour!

Those parts are known to literally disintergrate.

Hope it gets swiftly sorted :D

rpettigrew said:
Saw a couple fo puma's in the traffic queue past me. I bet it was none of you guys as when i waved they just scowled and drove past. A simple smile would have really helped.

Bstards :( They'll be from the 'other side' no doubt....
Sorry to hear about the breakdown, hopefully they wont hit your wallet too heavily, dont let them charge too much as it isnt a massive job (as said above)

I just got a lucky break i think. The car was towed to the dealer near where i live. didnt really have a choice as my usual garage is 10 miles away and tow driver would not do garage and then home. As it happens my dad used to run a ford bodyshop (for his sins) and the mechanic called up today and got my dad on the phone. They knew each other!! so they reminised and i got a stunning discount. it cost 50 quid FROM A DEALER!!

my car feels really juddery on motorway :( think tracking eeds doing but last time it was this juddery my bearings were going and time before that the wheel was bent :(

Hopefully just the tracking or balancing this time; it's not uncommon to buckle wheels but it is harder than just knocking them out of line :)

Its back YAY. Been out of action for 2 days and I missed it so. Been out for a drive this morning and enjoyed myself so much!

Back