Impossible??

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyHighatrist

Obviously nothing is apparently. However. . . . . Is it possible to lower a puma 80mm and fit 17's?

I have been told that with the right offset, it is possible.

Anyone know if this has been done and what offset was used? I'm guessing a whole lot of issues were raised if people have attempted this so anything to look out for or change would be helpful before i start looking at 17's. Otherwise, i'll stick to the initial idea of 16's and a 40mm drop.

Ta in advance

80mm that's insane I LIKE IT. :-D you could call it LOONEY even :wink:

You mean insane like this? :grin: :grin: :grin:

tigra.jpg

Although I think it's been lowered on 'photoshop' coilovers! :grin:

HOLY COW!!! Talk about lower than your grannys nipples!!!!

That said, I'm not a fan. Too low for my liking. Think I'll stick to 16s and a 40mm drop :D

Not lower than my grannies nipples, they are at least 6 feet below ground level lol

sparkx on here (luke) has his lowered 95mm with 16" rims, looks the dogs bolloks :D

urghh those wheels! that's shocking! Think Pumas look good low if you can get away with it

the answer, yes, how do i know? i did it...

didnt handle very well and scrubbed like mad!

heres a pic of the front, on ap coilovers which adjust from 30-80mm and they were right the way down

this was the day i fitted them and when they'd settled in they were a little bit lower, i wouldnt advise going that low as there is a nasty little ridge in side the arch that cuts into the tyres and could potentially casue a blow out, i now run mine at about 65mm on the front and keep the backs right down, the lack of weight meaning it sits higher than the 80mm they should lower it at the rear

18072008390-1.jpg

I have momo 17s on mine,been lowered.this was already done,that was what attracted me to that puma rather than others that were for sale.

Give it a blast,changes the look of the car.

good luck
:thumbs:

Just out of interest Jay, what offset did you use? How much were the AP's if you dont mind me asking

I'm debating on trying it out to be honest but i do think 80mm is a little too low for the speedbumps in my area, hence the adjustables.

Think if i go down the 16's route, to save handling, i might just drop her 60mm to be ''safe''

before you start lowering to stupid amounts bear in mind the inner cv joints have quite a low tolerance on these i think around 15 degrees

much lower then 40mm and you may get bad feedback through the steering and you will increase the chance of premature cv joint failure

also the suspension wont be working as it should wishbone angles etc

the best way to do it is to lower it so the wishbones sit straight, thats what i did and it worked out at about 65mm (ish)

cant remember what offset those wheels were and the ap's were £300 from pumaspeed although there now £430 i think, mine were one of the first sets in the country and tony did me some discount thats why they were cheap and why i bought them.

you can go lower than 40mm like i say mine is about 60-65mm and it doesnt scrub, only on full lock and it handles like a go kart

Just priced up AP's on their website and they're at £435 iirc. Mrs said ''we could go on holiday for that!!!!" some women just dont understand the relationship between a Puma and her driver :cry:

Mind you, i guess after the ICE and KnN fitted last weekend, she does have a point in im spending too much time with the car and not her :D

So 60-65mm would be the ideal drop then Jay. . . . See what the bay of ''e'' brings up

yeh, i only have mine set that low fir handling purposes, its entirly up to you, beuaty about coilovers is you can set your own height.

you might find some cheapy ones on ebay or if you lucky a set of 2nd hand ones...also look on ZSOC in there for sale sections as someone is always selling a set, weitec/ap's/gaz what ever you can get is good

Back