Intermittent wiper time is programmable.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2

Hi,

I discovered this today completely by accident.

When the intermittent wipe facility is used the time phase is about five seconds. I found this can be reduced to two seconds by employing the following method.

Switch on intermittent wipe. Park wiper, switch off. repeat a second time then switch on for a third time and the shortened time cycle is now engaged.

Regards,
Richard.

It is a great feature.

Only for digital dash cars though.

It's a shame i didn't drive to work today or i'd be trying this out right now. Have to remember when i get home.

From the hand book:

Front Screen
Wiping:
Normal Speed - Move lever up one position.
High Speed - Move lever up two positions.
Intermittent Speed - Move lever down, operates approximately every 7 seconds.
Wipe intervals can be set between 1 and 25 seconds (approx).
Switch on intermittent and let wipe once.
Switch off intermittent wiping.
Wait for desired time and switch on again. Now time is programmed to system and can be changed at any time.
If engine or intermittent wiping is switched off, system is retimed to 7 seconds.
Intermittent speed is only available on a Puma with a digital odemetre display
Washer - Press lever end. Washer and wipers will operate until button is released. After button is released, wipers still operate for a short time.

Great little feature isnt it, my old MK5 Zetec S had this and I only found it by accident! Some high spec older Fords used to have a rotor type switch for the variable timings on the stalk.

Did not know that, wonder if that was because it was too hidden away?!

High spec mk6 Fez's had a rotary switch as well, I think it came with the rain sensing wipers, then again that could have been sensitivity. Hmmm, as usual I think I'm mistaken.

Back