Is it true..............

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mac tools

Please does anybody know as I don't..............

is it true that the first 1500 Puma's had the gearstick surround with the puma logo with VCT under it, or is it B/S :roll: :roll:

cheers boys'n'girls

I believe the earlier models did indeed have the VCT logo on the gearstick surround as well as the Puma logo.

Edited as I can't read properly and I'm a Muppet!

ok so are these 1997-1998 Puma's rare or common, how many left :?:
how do you read the chassis number :?:

my 1.7 is completely standard...............worth more or not :?:

how many of you boys'n'girls have standard cars or are all of yours tweeked/modified.......

I have always started of with standard cars then modified them, if they are interesting

cheers boys'n'girls

Mac..... have a look through the projects section in the forums to see what people have done to their cars.
I wouldnt say 97 or 98 pumas were rare at all, see loads of them for sale.

And just to throw a spanner in the works, my old R plate didn't have the VCT bit on the badge.

There's a good mix of standard and modified pumas around here. You'll probably hear more about the modified ones, as if you've got a standard one, you can't exactly start a project thread! :pose2:

Mines bog standard, plan on keeping it that way, I will only fit genuine ford parts. mine is an early 98 car and had the VCT logo when I got it, but I replaced it with a later one as it was broken, you can see it in my project thread. I belive it was only the 97 & early 98 cars which came with them from factory.

The early cars also have all the goodies like electric seat, traction control and ABS as standard (but smaller brakes). bit scary trying to stop in a car thats so nippy and shares its brakes with a fez! :wink:

Mine was completely standard when i bought it... not anymore though, 5 years worth of slowly modifying later... :lol:

Very sharp yip, lol! as far as im taking it, it will be standard. the last owner was responsible for this, but me likes it! so correction, mine is bog standard with the exception of lowered suspension and possible black wheels if I decide on them :p (so not really standard at all) :lol:

Off to mod/fixup mine a little more after my cuppa. New nitrous gauge to fit discreetly in the passenger footwell (don't ask...lol). New rear light to fit, fit original front light that hasn't aged, swap steering wheel so I can clean original as the one I bought off Stevie is blue and I didn't realise...doh!!, refit original orange (yuk) indicator lenses and see where I can fit my AFR sensor and gauge in ready for when it arrives. :happee:

View media item 2846

iv got one of those ultra rare pumas that came out of the factory with no interior, i think they mdae like 50 of them or something

Back