Jade

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The oil in that region is probably from the vent. Check the level in your box. Might need a refill. and also when you mount the vent. the arrow on the lid should point forwards otherwise it will still leak. :eek:k:

Thanks man. I check the level tonight. It looks like I need to get another breather from somewhere. Might have to nip down to scrap yard this weekend.

Cheers mate.

Managed to get the other half of intake off after eventually getting the rounded bolt out. Gave it a bit of a clean ready for painting.

Also won a right bargain on ebay earlier. Just got to wait till saturday to collect it.

So my bargain on Ebay was an engine and gearbox for £31. Unfortunately I have no transport for the next 2 weeks so I can't pick it up. Buyer is pi$$ed. I offered to pay the fees for listing and ebay percentage, but still pi$$ed. Gutted, but on the plus side, means I can start to sort this lot out:

Started to give it a rub down with the palm sander:

On closer inspection, it looks like someone has patched/bodged them up previously. Going to get my friends Mr Angle Grinder & Miss Wire Wheel out tomorrow and see what we can do. The interior and carpet should be coming out this weekend too to have a look at the floor. I am hoping that the rust isn't too bad. If it is then this could spell the end for Jade.

Well I think the time has come to say goodbye to Jade. See for sale section for parts for sale.

Funds permitting I should be the owner a moondust Silver. Fingers crossed.

So come and buy my parts from Jade to fund the new one.

No thats ok, I just read your thread and you said a rusty floor would see the end of the car.

Well I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU for all the help and advice I have had whilst on this emotional journey. Although the outcome wasn't what I wanted, I have definitely got the Puma bug and currently trying to fund my new one.

So thanks again. This site is the best.

:thumbs: :eek:k: :thumbs: :eek:k:

Well done to you for sticking it out as long as you did! Sadly, some Puma's don't want to be saved but, at least all those shiny new bits you bought can be recycled into the next Puma! :thumbs:

The Arch Bishop said:
Well done to you for sticking it out as long as you did! Sadly, some Puma's don't want to be saved but, at least all those shiny new bits you bought can be recycled into the next Puma! :thumbs:

Thanks Arch.

I was thinking the same about the new bits. Just bloody eager to get my grubby mitts on it now.

Added some more parts and lowered some prices. http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=25085&view=unread#unread" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Come and buy some parts and help fund the new cat.

Hi Simon
Sorry to hear that the old Gals won but glad to hear you're buying another one. Good luck this time.
Barry

tuonokid said:
Hi Simon
Sorry to hear that the old Gals won but glad to hear you're buying another one. Good luck this time.
Barry

Thanks Barry.

I have to get another, feel cheated of the driving experience.

Can I interest you in anything? Lol

Hi Simon
I can't think of anything that I need at the moment but I will let you know if I need anything.
Barry

tuonokid said:
Hi Simon
I can't think of anything that I need at the moment but I will let you know if I need anything.
Barry

Cheers Mate

You're welcome Simon and I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for your next buy. Don't forget to take your trolley jack and magnet with you to the next purchase.
Barry

Latest posts

Back