Jboys Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wip3 said:
Looking great. Love that rear bumper :cool: How wide spacers do you have?
Thanks mate, she makes me smile lol
20mm spacers, still on 15s and dropped 80mm it looks well phat from the back.

Scotty1.7 said:
Love the satin black. Were did you get it done?

Really?? rattle can :oops: :oops: but the pic speaks for itself, much better than the matt.

Just a quick before and after pic......

2011-07-31090112.jpg

2012-03-02111439.jpg

Thats another Puma saved from the scrappy !! :wink:

Great work fella!
Looks a right track day weapon :)
Your going to have loads of fun in that.
Lovin the before and after pic as well... shows how much work you've put into this project
Top job
Cheers
Damo

PumaJay said:
20mm's onthe front aswell? rear bumper looks good :cool:

Thanks mate
No just on the back Jay, i need to source the fronts ( Budget permiting)

damo :-) said:
Great work fella!
Looks a right track day weapon :)
Your going to have loads of fun in that.
Lovin the before and after pic as well... shows how much work you've put into this project
Top job
Cheers
Damo

Thanks bud,

Cant wait to try her out, ah well not long till the track day.
Also fitted some rally mud guards, really kicks the back end of, more pics soon.

Hi Tux, long time since i seen you on here, :) thanks mate, no i had some spare Lexon so made them up out of that :D .

Yes indeedy. Standard excuses about life getting in the way, lack of cash, work going mental and just plain losing interest apply! :lol: Too cold in the garage over winter too, but I'm picking up where I left off now and hope to be ready for the track day season.
Your car is looking the business, you've brought it a long way. Looking forward to seeing how you get on in April on track.

tux said:
Yes indeedy. Standard excuses about life getting in the way, lack of cash, work going mental and just plain losing interest apply! :lol: Too cold in the garage over winter too, but I'm picking up where I left off now and hope to be ready for the track day season.
Your car is looking the business, you've brought it a long way. Looking forward to seeing how you get on in April on track.

Cheers mate
Your right about the garage bit, there was a few cold weekends and late nights went into her, but im sure it will be worth it. Just need to fit the 4 points now and a battery issue to resolve.
Spent the last few weekends making sure the trailer is up to scratch.

Just another update on the progress of the puma......

After being let down on a deal for a roll cage which i was planning to mount the harnesses on, i decided to fabricate my own heavy duty rear strut brace.
2012-03-25125222.jpg

2012-03-25125313.jpg

2012-03-25125326.jpg

Also had a go at making some tow eyes.
2012-03-25125148.jpg

Graphics now fitted
2012-03-25125355.jpg

And a pic of the interior..
2012-03-25125238.jpg

Also bagged some Yoko Advan A048s which i will get fitted next week, super grip :lol:

All looks good. What I will say is those harnesses are not safe secured to that strut brace that will shear straight off in a crash not designed for those forces id get some eyelets and put them in the oe seatbelt points. Tempted to spray mine white inside when my cage has gone in

sorry mate confused, the brace will shear or the harness ?, as the brace is 1 1/2" iron. Or do you mean the mounts?

ScubaSteve said:
All looks good. What I will say is those harnesses are not safe secured to that strut brace that will shear straight off in a crash not designed for those forces id get some eyelets and put them in the oe seatbelt points. Tempted to spray mine white inside when my cage has gone in

Would that not make the angle of the harness wrong tho? of the existing mounts.

Where it is attached the metal bracket is far to thin and the bolts aren't high enough tensile or have spreader plate behind. Saw someone try and tow there car on a front strut brace and it all fell apart like cheese. Re. Angles it should be ok. Mine was within spec, if not maybe get that bar mounting reinforced and welded in

not keen on the rear mud flaps or monster stickers, but everything else looks great! id also be mounting the harnesses in eyelets in the original seat belt points, thats where mine are, only time id wrap them round a bar is if it was a proper weld in rear bar

Just a quick few snaps of the Track day i did in April

_DSC6365.jpg

_DSC6359.jpg

_DSC6339.jpg

_DSC6274.jpg

_DSC6270.jpg

Absuolutly no issues on the day, can`t fault the car at at all she took all the abuse i could give her, oil change and brake fluid to do and new Advans in the post for the next track day in June.( i love this car :-D )
I will post a few vids up soon.

good to see your enjoying the car and using it in the manner it was intended! i do think you need to lose the monster stickers, it was looking great in satin black, i think this monster sticker obsession people have needs to stop, the drink itself tastes like poison

PumaJay said:
good to see your enjoying the car and using it in the manner it was intended! i do think you need to lose the monster stickers, it was looking great in satin black, i think this monster sticker obsession people have needs to stop, the drink itself tastes like poison

X2 agree with Jay, i would spray the bonnet on satin black too or wrap on carbon vinil, just on my point! :grin:

Latest posts

Back