key fobs

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xx_loopy_xx

Do all pumas come with key fobs to unlock them?
If you haven't got one... I have just a key.... Is there any way to get one to unlock car without getting aftermarket alarm system (I have had a bad experience with them)

All 1.7 although early cars have a different system.

Not sure about 1.4/1.6?

What age is yours? I would think its possible, I'd be retro-fitting the requisite parts and the lock set from a working car but it might not even be that complicated if you are able to get a fob and re-program it.

Just seen yours is a T reg, should be new enough for the three button type which I'm sure you can program up and either get a blade cut or fit a lock set.

Lol u beat me to it. So it should have all the electrics in place and its just a matter of getting the fob and programming and getting it cut... I have no idea whatthey even look like ! R they a key with buttons?

Yeah should have, should look like this -

http://www.theautolocksmith.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Ford-remote-buttons.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Main problem is the blade from your key won't fit that one so you'd need to do something about the locks.

Back