Locking question

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewjeffs

When you lock my 01 puma,i would have expected some sort of indicator flash etc to confirm the central locking etc has activated.I really have to listen closely to here the central locking ..is this normal?

Does the puma come with factory fitted alarm?
I have also noticed the boot release button is temperamental,sometimes i have to use the key to unlock the boot.

If you press the lock button twice in quick sucsession, it deadlocks and flashes the indicators. Well in least does in my X reg!

Yes it only flashes when you double lock. I have a '99 and it has an alarm, which sets with one press of the button. But apart from double locking every time (good practise anyway) you have to listen for the motors buzzing or watch the handles go in.

As for the boot release it could be a rusty connection behind the carpet, there is a plug between the switch and latch which i've had trouble with before.

Mine's a 2001 and everything locks and arms with one press. Did they rejig the settings at a later date?

Back