Longest Owned Puma?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone - long time since I updated this, but my Puma is still with me, still going strong.

Last year I had the rear arches cut out and the Peugeot arch trick was performed - all the under body rust was cut back, and a full respray, and stone-guard treatment, topped off with new waxoyl.

Mechanically, yet another cam belt (I think this is the 5th now), new lower suspension arms (3rd set), all brake lines replaced with new copper lines, all fluids and service items. I think I spent around 4 times last year on maintenance than her book value!

But she's worth it. :grin:

I also treated her to a retrimmed steering wheel - this time replacing the leather with black alcantara. The only non-standard item on her.

So she's nearly 16 years old with now 79,000 miles on the clock.

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2028a.jpg

IMG_2027a.jpg

I do use her, I transport wood, carry out tip runs and all sorts around, and people! But I always keep her clean afterwards. Two long trips to Heathrow went off with no issues - purring like a cat!

Good job keeping her in such good condition.
My mom owned a puma 1.4 from June 2000 and on June 2005 she gave it to me. I have her since then. So it has stayed in the family for 16 years. I have tons of memories from her.
Living in Greece there is no problem with rust but on the other hand because of the sun the paint needs some refreshing. A year ago I changed the engine to a 1.7 and it is going stronger than ever!

My father-in-law bought his from new, 51 plate I think? Done about 30k in it so far and no sign of arch rust.

I'm not jealous at all, honest... :lol:

Rob.

Owned my FRP since October 2001.... but have been a puma owner since 1998 :) We currently have 4... all SORN, lol.... but hopefully will get at least one of them back on the road soon!

Oh, just remembered - there was a very annoying rattle from the depths of the passenger side door - I kept putting off looking at this but finally last week I had had enough.

Whipped the door card off, and a one penny piece dropped onto the floor. That's right - for nearly 5 years I had been annoyed by this rattle, and all that time it was just a penny. Right - now off to spend that penny.....! :lol:

Whilst the door card was off, I waxoyled inside the door along the bottom seam, and renewed the plastic shield tape. The door is now very quiet, and the car sounds and feels very solid and planted. It made a considerable difference. I will check the drivers door soon.

I also noticed the speakers were looking very tatty, as they are paper cone ones, so I will probably renew these at some point.

Cheers!

Great little car mate, good to see its getting plenty of TLC, it's a keeper for sure! I've had mine since it was 2, I'll never sell it either!!

Latest posts

Back