Millennium Puma - Black or Blue Recaro Seats?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new_horizon

Hi All,

I'm picking up my Millennium Puma on Friday this week. The seller has sent me a photo and the driver's seat bolster has a large hole in it and I am toying between replacing the seat and having it repaired.

My question is this - I was under the impression that Ford only ever made blue Recaro leather seats for this car. I know that they made the grey leather for the Thunder and the Black, but they were a different design all together.

Can anyone check out this link and let me know their thoughts? The seller has confirmed that they are black in a private message, but I've never known anything like it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291292166690?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thoughts and experiences are welcome.

My last one was blue leather interior...I've just not seen a black interior before.

Wikipedia (although not always reliable) ' The Millennium Edition Puma featured eye catching Zinc Yellow paintwork, and an 'Alchemy Blue' (dark/navy blue) leather interior with Recaro seats. A numbered badge and keyring were available upon purchase from Ford, but the cars were not automatically numbered.

I've seen adverts for cars with black or blue interiors, but I too thought that part of the selling point for the Millie was the blue recaros...

No help whatsoever!

All the Millennium Recaro seats were Alchemy Blue. Other European countries got Recaro's in Midnight Grey with a blue highlight

To confuse matters more, the lady selling me the car has just said that the seats are BLACK. Think I'd better wait until I see the car to make sure that it all works out.

new_horizon said:
To confuse matters more, the lady selling me the car has just said that the seats are BLACK. Think I'd better wait until I see the car to make sure that it all works out.

They are a very dark/black blue, but they all definitely came in Alchemy. If it's a whole car, the dash, door cards, seats, carpet etc would all have to have been changed / dyed to make them midnight black which I think is unlikely.

You can dye the seats, but a lot of work!

They are definitely very dark blue as new.

OK so turns out her seats are BLUE...but ebay ad they are black. Dal - did you check the link above? Do you think they might just be blue? Thanks

The third picture looks the correct dark blue to me on the back part. They look as though they need a damn good clean too.

EDIT:
Second photo in this post shows they are definitely blue.. :eek:k:
(Cherie's old Millie she met again at Trax '14)

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=324222#p324222" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Even if they're black it won't make that much difference really :-D

new_horizon said:
My last one was blue leather interior...I've just not seen a black interior before.

Wikipedia (although not always reliable) ' The Millennium Edition Puma featured eye catching Zinc Yellow paintwork, and an 'Alchemy Blue' (dark/navy blue) leather interior with Recaro seats. A numbered badge and keyring were available upon purchase from Ford, but the cars were not automatically numbered.
The wiki page regarding the special editions is correct as I added most of that info. :eek:k: The interior on all Millennium edition pumas came with Alchemy blue interior. If i had the brochure to hand, I'd take a photo of the page of the specs.

unless you put something black against them, they look like a dark grey/black, but they are blue, its the fact people think of blue as navy blue or sky blue

I replaced panel on my seats with black PVC and TBH looks fine for me, I was only after recarros as the standard seats on track are a nightmare as they give zero support.

seatbolsterhole_zpsf3e0cc17.jpg

to

20140710_233312_zps77068cad.jpg

Back