Milltek Exhaust !

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

water-bug55

Hi all i need help asap, just picked up my puma from the garage after getting them to fit my second hand milltek (full system).
It had damage to the flexi-pipe
IMAG0079.jpg

But the mechanic said " i dont think it will cause any problem "

On the drive back from the garage once i reached 20mph it sounded like a repetitive knocking which got louder and quicker the faster i went.

Also the flexi/cat is literally a tennis balls distance from the ground, is this normal ? (i had heard of this but this is literally 2/3 inches off the ground)
IMAG0189.jpg

Any help will be greatly appreciated as this is my daily car and im stranded without it !
Thanks !

have you got std suspension and wheels? if you move that front bracket round abit it will give you abit more clearance,and with the knocking a guess you mean from the exhaust right? go round and give it a shake and see if it knocks.

It shouldn't be that low off the ground. I had a Miltek on my FRP, and I had none of the issues you describe.

What car did the exhaust come from?

madhillbilly17 said:
have you got std suspension and wheels? if you move that front bracket round abit it will give you abit more clearance,and with the knocking a guess you mean from the exhaust right? go round and give it a shake and see if it knocks.

Nope got 17" wheels lowered by 30mm, yeah i just noticed that bracket !
In regards to the knocking im thinking its the driveshaft as it only starts when the wheels are moving and if i hold in the clutch it makes no difference to the knocking. So faster the wheels are turning the more repetitive knocking gets !

Neil said:
It shouldn't be that low off the ground. I had a Miltek on my FRP, and I had none of the issues you describe.

What car did the exhaust come from?
I think an FRP but i honestly cant remember ...
(*edit* just confirmed it did come from an FRP)

Thanks for the help guys !

Is there anyone local to staines or woking thats clued up on this, as i just spoke to the garage and they are now saying ring us tomorrow morning and we will see if i can fit you in (basically a f*** off tablet). Im pretty sure they dont know what there doing.. :(

Latest posts

Back