Modern Puma equivalent Part2

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artie

A while ago I asked the question what is a modern Puma equivalent and had a good response,Suzuki Swift,Alfa,ST Fiesta being on the list.
I,ve been looking for a while now to come up with something,we were,nt impressed with the Swift,Alfa and ST were over budget but I,m Ford through and through so it was a tough one.
Maybe this is the answer for me anyway an S1600 Fiesta Series 2,on paper they are similar 134BHP 0-60 8 secs,it has the smile factor 6k RPM the engine note changes and she sounds awesome,OK the stripes are chavvy but will come off and its only doing 26mpg according to the computer(Puma does 35-40)round town,feels good on the road though like a fast Ford should.
Piccys

So what to do with our 55k mile cherished Puma? MOT next week and we,ll take it from there...

Nice Fiesta Martin and I hope the Puma passes it's MOT.
Barry
PS Did you know John Mac's got a YPVS now?

Thanks Barry :grin:
I haven,t seen Johns Yam yet but its the annual two stroke forum rideout in a couple of weeks so I,ll see it then,you ought to borrow his X7 and come along :wink:

Hi Martin
I'd love to that as I haven't been on a stroker for years, apart from Andrews TY80 around the garden :grin:
Barry

tuonokid said:
Hi Martin
I'd love to that as I haven't been on a stroker for years, apart from Andrews TY80 around the garden :grin:
Barry
:grin: I,ll give him a shove :)

Cheers oilburner for that good feedback being a bit old fashioned I,ll brim her today and calculate it the old way...lol

Here's mine, just added a few little touches really, white Ford badge overlays, led side and number plate lights, added some led bulbs to the empty bulb holders under the dash and a clear high level rear brake lamp from a Mk3 Focus Zetec S plus a Mountune induction kit

Thunderpuma said:
It is quite bigger, isn't it?
I thought so but I feel now not really its a bit wider but length wise its pretty much the same.

artie said:
Thunderpuma said:
It is quite bigger, isn't it?
I thought so but I feel now not really its a bit wider but length wise its pretty much the same.

Surprisingly the fiesta is shorter. A bit wider and quite taller too:
3953 / 1722 / 1481

Puma:
3984 / 1674 / 1345

I've read some criticism about the electrical steering servo, how does it compare to the Puma's hydraulic one?

100% agree with oilburner it did feel a bit weird at first after 11 years of Puma ownership but soon got used to it and now as he says its perfectly weighted I love it...and so does the missus :grin:

oilburner said:
Here's mine, just added a few little touches really, white Ford badge overlays, led side and number plate lights, added some led bulbs to the empty bulb holders under the dash and a clear high level rear brake lamp from a Mk3 Focus Zetec S plus a Mountune induction kit

So much better looking than the facelift.

Neil said:
oilburner said:

So much better looking than the facelift.
:roll:

Back