Mondeo callipers

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy_Puma

So bought a puma, and it has mondeo front callipers, he said he had to grind them down a bit to fit the 15" wolfrace wheels he has fitted. Am I right in thinking that these will fit the standard 15" wheels? Im not a fan of aftermarket wheels and prefer the OEM look.
Also... The brakes feel very spongey and are right down the end of the travel of the pedal... I presume they just need bleeding with some new brake fluid?

Mixed opinions on the grinding of calipers on here. Some think you have to grind them far too much to get them behind standard puma wheels (think props are tightest). I think maybe ST150 calipers fit under standard alloys, but haven't looked into this option myself as I have 16"s and ST170s.

Do the discs and pads look okay? Bleeding is quick and easy to do so wouldn't go amiss, but if the pedal travels far it would make me think worn pads possibly?

Literally picked it up drove it to where im storing it until end of summer not taken too much notice of the pads. Dont think they've done that many miles, probably worth bleeding then I suppose. I'll practice fit the standard alloys I have to see if they fit then.

Standard alloys fit over 300mm Mondy calipers with either a lot of grinding or 3mm spacers. Personally grinding calipers is a bit dodgy for me, i'd rather get some spacers. With 3mm they are cheap and won't need extended studs.

Did this mod to my Pooma. I had to trim the calipers down a bit. They have been fine for nearly 2 years.

There close to the wheel though lol.

Latest posts

Back