My baby.......

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On any forum ive been on, all i hear is good things about vibratechnics, they seem to do their research and get the right amount of movement in the components. Ive been told some of the powerflex mounts are a bit too harsh.

My only issue with vibratechnics is that they seem quite expensive for what they are.

£100 for the pair sounds like a good price, but im sure the last time i looked, the top gearbox mount and drivers side engine mount were about £105 each, and the rear torque link was £130. Thats £340 for the 3 engine mounts, then theres postage on top, so your talking £350. That sounds a hell of a lot for mass produced mounts in my opinion.

Awesome just noticed this. Xr2 better suited to light 1700 zetec rather that the nasty steel 2ltr zetecs. Will fly...........

That brings me back to my first job as a panel-beater many moons ago.
The boss was a bit of a practical joker and was always catching me out, but had this habit of leaving his working boots on the bonnet of the nearest car over night.
This particular night we had a mk2 fiesta with a badly damaged bonnet, and sure enough he dropped his boots on it as usual, and went home.
Me, doing overtime (of course!!), spread liberally some bonded windscreen sealer to the soles of the boots. :lol:
Thing is, he came in the next morning and lifted his boots, and because of the reverse opening bonnet, lifted bonnet and all and proceeded to brain himself ... :funny: :funny:

Thanks for the memory of my red faced, puzzled boss. :eek:k:

Got the manifold plate yesterday so am going to create my manifold when I get the money together. I've decided that I'm going to take a chance and buy on off of fleebay and hope that this fits so I can keep the ball rolling, as it were, with the project so hopefully some time soon should have some more pics up :)

What are you making the manifold from, mild or stainless?? I saw a really clean mk2 today, made me want 1!!

I quite like mild steel, i prefer the sound of mild over stainless, not so acoustic. Its just the rusting issue. Looking at the shape of the MK2 fiesta, i dont see any reason why a pima manifold wont fit, have you tried one??? Might save you a hell of a lot of time and money. The other option would be the mk6 fiesta 1.4 or 1.6, they are the same flange as the 1.7,so might fit, even if a little modification is needed. But then if youve got your mind set on making your own, it might work out cheaper to make your own anyway!

The standard manifold just about fits in but I fear that when the engine rocks back and forth it will hit on the brake link rod that runs across the back of the engine bay.
I'm going to try one of the 4branch manifolds that you can get off fleebay and see what happens.......watch this space

Ok i see what you mean, you might be able to cut an inch or more off the primaries before they hit the bend, that would give you plenty of space. Just make sure you cut as little as possible off so it soesent alter the flow too much.

Lol, i hope your not going to blame me!!! :lol: You will be able to modify it to fit, it will save you a hell of a lot of time making one from scratch!!

PumaNoob said:
Lol, i hope your not going to blame me!!!

Lol, I will be :p

If it dont fit it don't fit, I'll just sell it and make one. But I'm now getting itchy fingers again cause I've pretty much sorted her car out and she's more or less happy with it so I can now spend some time and money on my baby and get her ready for the road :twisted:

Finally got my manifold:
001bc0aa.jpg
be7e97ae.jpg
c2e9ce77.jpg

Latest posts

Back