My "millie" project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick update on progress.

Off side wheel arch awaiting further paint

car017_zps3fda3c04.jpg

Spare wheel well treated to a first coat of underseal, second tomorrow maybe

car013_zps399fcfc4.jpg

Both rear brake pipes now in place, did it without dropping the tank, bit of a hassle and required a slight re-route for the new pipe but done.

New Ford badges to be fitted (yellow/black)

still to order new rear brakes and bearings but getting there.

I do love a nice shiny yellow rear. Zinc yellow always responds really well to t-cut and elbow grease. Keep up the good work! :eek:k:

002_zps27aa5e5e.jpg

Quick update before the car goes back on the ground tomorrow.

Most of car now undersealed, not perfect but better than it was.

Fuel tank sprayed black to protect it a bit from all the crap it gets under the car.

Spare wheel tray also cleaned and sprayed ready to refit.

3 days on my back in the garage...I am getting too old for this :lol:

Getting there slowly, still more bits on the way to me.

Couple more pics.

Nearside arch awaiting rub down/polish, quite pleased with results so far, bodywork is not my strong point

update3002_zps38bf31c4.jpg

This is my favourite pic so far, love these badges, front grill has one too

update3001_zps859ab1f7.jpg

Brakes still need bleeding and new rear shoes and bearings next on list, aiming to be back on the road for May if possible.

I've never been a great fan of the yellow, but it comes up really lovely with a bit of effort :eek:k:

Finished rear arches, not perfect cos I am not too hot on bodywork but well pleased with the overall appearance, should polish up pretty good in the next couple of weeks.

update4001_zps022e26f4.jpg

update4002_zpsd6b97b21.jpg

Also bled the brakes so car is mobile again.

Still to do.

Fit new rear shoes and wheel bearings

New filter and oil change.

Clean wheels

Wash and polish complete car.

Retax and enjoy :grin:

Update on work this year,

Rear arches re-done, still not perfect but for my purposes quite pleased with results, gone from this
002_zps21ab22df.jpg

and this
004-1_zps9ba35203.jpg

to this
puma%20001_zpsw91pbbis.jpg

[imghttp://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n611/Ivor_Wells/puma%20002_zpsjrzxjmyb.jpg][/img]

And the new exhaust is on
puma%20003_zpsf5lvswue.jpg

New tyres still needed for the front then its MOT time later this year

I think those rear arches look spot on for a DIY job. I've done mine and they were not even close to your result. Mine was a metallic color though so that might be a bit different to get the color to match.

Thanks Brian, so glad the yellow is a "solid" colour, makes the whole thing so much easier, having said that there is still a slight difference in shade at the moment, may yet decide to rub it down again and go for another couple of coats, looked really good in my garage but sunshine ruined the effect :-(

Been a bit quiet recently due to other things happening, family illness etc etc, however had to pull the Puma from its hidey hole today as I needed to get family barge under cover and out of the rain for urgent repair

connect battery, turn over, instant start, what a wee star, drove her out and up the drive by the front window, nothing drastic there you might think but this is the first time my wee 28 moth old grandson has seen it out of its cover, reaction was "oooh grandpas car" and he was face up against the glass practically drooling :grin :grin:

Means now of course I really will need to put it back on the road as he now wants a ride in her, no pressure of course :grin:

Latest posts

Back