My Puma.. Maximum Track Attack!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be warned with a side exit that you will tire of the noise. It sounds ludicrous to say it i know but it's so much louder than you'd think and the cabin just acts as an amplifier.

Having said that it's epicly cool.

Bentleya said:
I look forward to looking up your skirt while I chase you round Rockingham :twisted:

Can't wait for Rockingham now, got one last little mod that I should of done years ago!

TGPlayer1 said:
Be warned with a side exit that you will tyre of the noise. It sounds ludicrous to say it i know but it's so much louder than you'd think and the cabin just acts as an amplifier.

Having said that it's epicly cool.

The noise in my car cant be any louder than it is now. If I was to go side exit i'd have a nice big silencer in the centre section to quieten it down a bit.

Just got my ECU back from PumaNoob after finally getting an FRP map put onto it!

Cant wait for Rockingham now, so looking forward to giving the car a good pasting!! :lol:

Not at the moment but ive ordered a BTCC style LED rain light that I will wire into the existing fog light circuit and mount it centrally beneath the bumper.

First track day of the year done and I wasnt impressed with how the car ran. I need to get back out and tinker around with it a bit I think.

Got a lot of jobs that I now need to do;

Oil leak
Blowing exhaust
Over fuelling
Poly bush torque link

The bodywork also needs some paint, front bumper and wing being the main thing, got a new front splitter as well to fit to replace my broken CF one. Abit of an image change as well for the car is in order, im bored of how it looks so im going to revamp it a bit of the next few weeks, most people wont like it but who cares!!

Got plenty of pictures from yesterday that im going to go through tonight and post up...

one for now!

11017853_955959591081356_4931005246695760239_o.jpg

Got another 12 months MOT last night, turns out ive done just over 600 miles in the last 12 months... not good enough.

Fitted my replacement centre section exhaust as well that piper kindly supplied to me. £63 delivered which I thought was a pretty good deal.

Also narrowed down the cause of the oil leak to either rocker cover gasket or cam seal, cleaned the engine down with brake cleaner so just need to see where it appears from.

Time to get the car prepped and ready for Mallory now

Well after much neglect and not really wanting to work on the car this weekend I am going to do something. There is as normal a long list of work that I need to get through on this car.

Ive just spent the last 2 weekends sorting my brother's Puma out and getting that ready for Mallory Park so now its time to make sure mine is in the best shape its ever been.

Will hopefully be good weather this weekend as Im hoping to get plenty of time working on it... Might even make a start tonight. Few niggly little jobs to do but i'l get plenty of pictures while im at it

Made some progress with the car yesterday (No pictures as my mate has my camera at the Nurburgring)

Had a fiddle with the front bumper and beefed up the splitter brackets and supports so now its solid. Im looking for a suitable material to use to extend the splitter back underneath the engine and I think im going to order a sheet of Polypropylene I just need to make a decent air dam as well then.

Gave the car a long overdue oil change as well and also tried to diagnose the leak I have. Im putting it down to rocker gasket at the moment. wont really know though until I have the car apart properly.... Just CBA to do it!

Other than that its business as usual. Car is now prepped, cleaned and ready for some abuse at Mallory Park on Thursday.

Track day No2 of the year done... Loved Mallory Park, fantastic little circuit. The weather was great and the car performed faultlessly..... Apart from when I let it down.

I had a "small" off at the esses, 80mph across the grass, ripped my splitter off, broke front bumper and dented my pride. Luckily only cosmetic damage so another ebay session for yet another front bumper.... Oh well.

This is the hardest ive ever pushed the Puma on track, I felt really at ease on this track, the high speed flowing nature of it seemed to suit the way I drive perfectly. My new tyres we're awesome I cant recommend the Marangoni Zeta 's enough, the difference semi slicks makes is huge once they we're warm they just kept getting better and better.

Anyway... a few pictures

11063893_10153343490362806_4950030730972933525_n.jpg

11329861_10153343491082806_1340991553642373616_n.jpg

unnamed (4) by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

unnamed (2) by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

New favourite picture of my car...

unnamed (1) by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

And whats left of my splitter...

1507084_10152886794134142_7138748849918857915_n.jpg

Cheers dude.

Planning on getting a few bits done this weekend, hopefully be picking up a new front bumper and then making a couple of front splitters for mine and my brothers, plan is to try and extend then as far back as the lower strut brace and then make some sort of bracing to hold it all in place nice and solid.

Going to be using 9mm marine ply to start with then the plan is to hand one over to a friend and have it moulded from fibreglass with a carbon fibre edge for cosmetic purposes.

Will be stripping the engine down a little bit as well to find the root cause of my oil leak thinking its probably going to be a cam seal but time will tell on that one, fingers crossed its something I can do on the driveway.

Did a thing and made a new splitter.

The company I work for has just been taken over so we have a stack of old signs that are now no use to us... They we're all lined up for the skip so I managed to rescue a fair amount of them. The leading edge is the same shape as an FRP splitter but it will stick a further 2"'s forward that that of the standard FRP item. As is also obvious its a full splitter and not just a cosmetic curved item.

No idea if it will make a difference but it was free to make and its pretty light being made from 3mm foamex.

Need to go a pick a new front bumper up in the next few days and get it all fitted. Will be using a few supports and various brackets to make sure its nice and solid!

Oh it also needs a bit of black vinyl wrap on it....

Splitter by Jay Hardy, on Flickr

Plenty more updates coming as well, new wheel colour and tidying a few loose ends up on the car, the last few track days havent been kind to it.

.... Bought another one

11036483_10153146997554142_2354602049475811048_n.jpg

This is my new little run around while im without my Golf GTI, as im in stuck in a legal battle with the Golf I needed something super cheap to run around in and this popped up 10 minutes down the road, £450 later and it was mine.

It isnt the prettiest looking one out there, few scuffs and scratches but it appears mechanically sound and is relatively low mileage with only 84k on it.

The is another reason for buying a Puma.... I can cannibalise it for spares when im done with it!

Latest posts

Back