My Puma.. Maximum Track Attack!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well after having the car back on the road for a week or so now everything seems like its running ok, need a couple of new tyres on the front but apart from that its all good!

got a few more bits and bobs to do on it as and when i get time but the main thing is just getting out and enjoying the car again!

got a few videos from my gopro that i need to upload to youtube and post up on here, so will do that when i get some spare time, takes ages to upload hd videos to youtube with my internet connection!!

oh and i also picked a set of these up, should make it look afair bit better, my current ones are rounded, rusted and cack!

wn003.jpg

I would suggest either a real good clean up of the stud threads or fit new ones. In my experience the alloy wheel nuts are less tolerant of dirty/damaged threads.

Also dont use an impact gun as they are very easy to overtorque and strip thread.

yeh im gonna give the threads a good clean up and put some more copper grease on there, i never use an impact gun to tighten them anyway, its just ive had the nuts about 5 years or and theyve been on and off more times than i care to remember so im replacing the nuts.. any possibly the wheels

i uploaded a video to youtube today from my gopro, due to the huuuuge size of the files it takes some doing, this 9m video took about 45mins to upload(faster internet connection required) its filmed over the exhaust at night, skip to about 3:30 and theres a couple of cheeky little flames, cant see much else but the audio of the way the car sounds its great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxFOPr8t6_g&feature=youtu.be

had to do it as a link...the you tube tags done work for some reason

just bagged a new set of wheels for the car, dropping down to 15's and found some OZ super leggera's going cheap on ebay! off to pick them up this weekend, will give them a refurb, put some new rubber on them and hopefully it will make the car handle much better.

went out for a drive yesterday over the cat and fiddle and found some awesome roads!! ive got loads of gopro videos but uploading them takes ages!!

UPDATE!!

Fitted my carbon fibre cannards today, had them in the shed for a while and had nothing to do today other than watch the F1 so made the most of a quiet morning and cracked on, quite simple really, 4 holes and a few nuts and bolts and job done!! Simple but effective, not to everyones taste but as this is a track car is performace over style and im hoping these will give me abit more on the front end, will evaluate rear spoilers/wings next to balance the aero out abit, maybe even a rear diffuser and flat floor aswell but we'll see on that, not planning on spending too much more money on this car as it will be sold towards to the end of the year to help fund my next car, MK1 Focus RS, the only car ive ever lusted after, always wanted one and i need to scratch the RS itch!!

Picture507.jpg

Picture505.jpg

Picture506.jpg

Few pics of the car from when i went up to ashbourne last weekend for a drive round

Picture497.jpg

Picture487.jpg

Oh, almost forgot i fitted a matt black sunstrip today, its a pain in the arse driving around without sunvisors and being blinded all the time!!

just i asked about them type of plates for mine and the guy at the motorfactors said they was ilegal

Yeh the spacing of the letters is illegal, but stick on number plates are legal mine is a standard size plate that I trimmed down around the edge, never had any issues with MOT and the police have never showed any interest.

few pics of the front bumper fitted back to the car, looks pretty good i reckon! bumper doesnt line up very well but then it never has done to be honest.

Picture508.jpg

Picture510.jpg

Matt black sunstrip

Picture511.jpg

As an Engineer I've got to ask (in the nicest possible way) whether those canards actually do anything or are based on any calculations of any sort?

Your car is awesome by the way. Really love this. Have you weighed it yet?

I have no idea what effect they will have on the car, no calculations or anything were done as to where they were placed, it was just a case of how the best fit the curve of the front bumper, there mainly for cosmetic purpose but there bound to have some effect on the car.

yeh i know what you mean, their obviously a universal item so it was just a case of fitting them in away that best suited the curve of the bumper

Back