My Puma.. Maximum Track Attack!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flying Scotsman said:
But do the handling benefits out weigh the extra 50-60kg....

and will you keep the Puma after you get the FFRS1?

nope the puma will be sold on, ive gone further with this car than i ever thought i would, ive owned it for 4 years, will probably keep it for another 8-12 months but i will just be enjoying what ive built, few track days, weekend drives out etc.

i will probably regret selling it but at some point we all have to move on, its been the best car ive ever owned but the Focus RS is the only car ive ever truly wanted, ive lusted over many different things but i always come back to the FRS. Main aim is to find an unmolested one and keep it standard and just enjoy it for what it is, even if i only had one for 6 months i could at least say ive been there and done it.

It's funny, I owned a Mk1 RS for 11 months and I can't say I had any more fun in it than my puma. Maybe I'd feel differently if I had one again but it just did everything a bit too well. It wasn't challenging to go fast, it just did. I guess there's a certain appeal to thrashing the living daylights out of a cheap car and silly still staying (reasonably) legal. That or something RWD that will genuinely bite your head off if you take liberties with it. Just make sure it's what you want before you do it. Power isn't everything.

Saying that, the RS-owners club are out and out fanatical about the MK1 RS. It seems pretty rare to find someone with a bad word to say about them!

Oh - also my RS did 19mpg average on super. You might want a second more economical car to go with it.

Well it depends if I can find a job that's more local to me, I currently have a 70 mile round trip everyday and I wouldn't want to run an FRS for that everyday!!

I have a list of cars I'd like to own and the Focus RS is the next one to be crossed off

well i took the car to cadwell on wednesday and.....

.... it was amazing, the car out performed my own expectations, all the little changes ive made over the winter have made the car fantastic to drive on track, its annoying because its making me want to take the car even further, but i must refrain from spending all the money ive saved for my Focus RS!

will post some pics and videos tonight

Heres some pics from cadwell

Picture009-2.jpg

Picture061-2.jpg

Picture062-2.jpg

Picture077.jpg

Picture078.jpg

Picture079.jpg

Picture087.jpg

Picture088.jpg

Picture120.jpg

Picture121.jpg

Picture126.jpg

Picture142.jpg

Picture144-1.jpg

Picture154-2.jpg

Picture155-2.jpg

Picture158-2.jpg

Picture154-2.jpg

Picture159-2.jpg

Cool pics.. does that bumper have the number plate recess smoothed over? Bottom grille looks bigger also, but maybe cos the number plate has gone?

cheers mate, thinking about booking mallory park for the next one, its abit of a simple track but its right on my door step

hoping to make a start on tidying up all the little/big jobs on the car this weekend, first job being to remove whats left of the interior, seats, dash etc so i can begin to prep the inside for paint, wont be a mega job just some tins of matt black spray paint but it should tidy the inside up nicely, also gives me a chance to tidy up some of my wiring which isnt brilliant.

then once thats done ive got a box of bits that i need to sort through and either fit to the car or sell, need to get cracking with all the little fiddly bits!

yeh i will do, i'l get some before and after shots, it looks abit rough and ready in there at the moment.... was going to make a start today but i dont feel like working on the car at the moment, plus im moving house in 3 weeks so its not something i can give my full attention either with everything else going on, the car is on the back burner at the moment i'l get more done once ive got it to my new house.

chees! its held up pretty well so far, im gonna take it off and make sure the tiger seal is holding up well enough.. planning on fitting some aero catches to the side to secure it more solidly aswell

Back