My Puma.. Maximum Track Attack!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noobrider said:
as for balance, you could relocate some things to the boot, like the battery to help balance things out a bit, removing the aircon and a fibreglass bonnet should maintain the balance just about

ive got a carbon bonnet, battery is in the boot and i have no air con

I have a griend at a CAD engineering company looking at designing me an all alloy pulley set with an AC delete kit

That would be pretty cool to have, I havent actually removed the AC pump yet, been meaning to have a look at it to see if it can be done with out having to mess about fitting the fiesta PAS pump, im sure it can just be done with a shorter re-routed belt.

Im still trying to decide how much more money to put into the car, plan is to sell it next year so I dont wanna go too mad but theres still so many little bits that I want to with it. Extended splitter and some brake ducts are next on the list I think.

excellent!!

I knew there was a way it could be done, did you have to re route it in a different way?

£16 for a belt!!! Think i'l be ordering one in through work and offsetting the cost somewhere else :lol:

That was the first one I found using the code: 6PK 1305

Yes, it has to be routed differently...

image_zpsfcca9e86.jpg

Picture originally posted by Luca87

Hi Cherry.
I`ve looked into this and thought about how to route the belt.
I was worried that with this setup the tensioner wouldn`t be running how it was designed and not giving enough tension.
Maybe this could lead to the belt slipping/bouncing (off)!!
have you seen a car with this set up as it saves a load of headaches with the power steering...
My final decision is to actually ditch both, but thats another thread...

My car has been running like it for a few months now and I've not had any problems. The belt is still on and hasn't wandered anywhere.

good news.
I`m sure the pipework required to move the steering pump forward and the correct tensioner aren`t easy or cheap to find.

good news.
I`m sure the pipework required to move the steering pump forward and the correct tensioner aren`t easy or cheap to find.

To move the PAS pump is quite simple, you just get one from a non air con model fiesta and fit that, its also lighter than the puma PAS pump

CherryVimto said:
That was the first one I found using the code: 6PK 1305

Yes, it has to be routed differently...

image_zpsfcca9e86.jpg

Picture originally posted by Luca87

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kq2ou6d96ymllxa/Foto%2010-11-13%2013%2045%2048.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/40y4muws76gd5ai/Foto%2010-11-13%2013%2045%2054.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmr1zhtv0wgfpw7/aggiornamento%20cinghia%20servizi.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this is the belt i use on my 1.7 and it works perfectly!

Small update but no pics at the moment... will get some this weekend when I get the car a good clean!

fitted a snap off boss kit, no reason other than its cool, also fitted a gear stick extension so its not so much of a reach now, put the gearknob right up next to the steering wheel, has made the throw a little longer but for me on balance I find it better.

Still need to diagnose the knocking from the front, ive narrowed it down to either a ball joint or the coilover... being as I have a couple of spare ball joints im going to fit them and see if that cures it, if not, its the coilover!

It does bring abit closer, I had a dished steering wheel as well with it and its abit too close so ive gone back to my flat wheel, much better, Its a D1 spec boss kit, i'l post some pics up of it tonight if I remeber.

you wont want the deep dish wheel and a snap off boss it puts the wheel far too close.

Forgot to take pics.... i have a completely free weekend coming up so im planning on giving it a good clean and then getting some decent photo's to update the thread properly.

Latest posts

Back