Neutral problem, car revs itself

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dani231099

Hi again, i have another problem with my Puma. My engine is revving at 2000-3000 rpm by itself. If i press the clutch, they go down to 1500-2000 but my exhaust makes strange sounds like there are beatings of a human heart. Constantly. Then i release again the clutch and starts revving again. On the way, the car acts normal, only when i press the clutch happens those 2things. If i am in any gear, it s ok. Even if i try not to accelerate, my rpms go low under 1000 and it s ok. Only when it is neutral has problems. Anyone knowing what is happening here?
I will put a link here with a video of my exhaust when i press the clutch on neutral. Please help me i don t know if i can drive it with this kind of problem in safe conditions.
https://we.tl/t-TJxsShkfnF

All I can think of is to check the clutch position switch on the clutch pedal, if it has become loose it could be the cause of your intermittent idling problem. Hopefully someone can help otherwie as it's been many many years since I had my Puma :(

[image]367[/image]

Any Check engine light codes?

Clean your IACV and your MAF, test both of them (Youtube has videos)

Look for vacuum leaks

Dummy check that your cruise control isnt trying to engage itself. This is unlikely but it only takes a moment to look.

I think the black intake silicon huse connected to the the air filter is not connected properly. Because i took it off to paint it red and after that, my engine started to do these things. My exhaust smells like more air and less gas than burned-gas-air mixture. I think the air intake of the admission chamber comes in a bigger quantity, instead of a well balanced gas-air mixture. I ll check that tommorrow, i ll took it off to see if there are any holes in it or smth to give the engine more air than fuel. If you have any ideas please reply me thanks a lot for the answers i m not sure what s really happening here

Back