New car

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave100

Hi i recently brought my first puma i paid £500 on ebay
i have a few problems with the car,so will be a project
to get them all sorted and hopefully i will have a nice car
as bodywork is good.
problems to sort oil leak's
abs and traction control lights stay on electric windows not working
heater only works on 4,
front bumper out of alignment
a/c not working
im sure i will find some more.
000_0667.jpg

000_0665.jpg

000_0664.jpg

000_0663.jpg

000_0662.jpg

000_0661.jpg

000_0666.jpg

Hiya welcome to ProjP :eek:k:

Hope you get all the little bits sorted with not too much bother. There's plenty of advice on here so feel free to ask. She looks like a very clean and well looked after example. Nice one!

Hi all
Many thanks for all your comments yes car body work is in fantastic condition for year
and im hopeful i can get all other problems sorted,going to garage on tuesday so they can have can look at oil leaks
hoping wont be to expensive,will be nice to finally get to use the car.

Nice looking Puma you have there, especially with the later type alloys fitted! Being red, it reminds me of my brothers that he bought not long after they were launched!

Sorry to hear its got a few issues - the Pumas are of an age now where its to be expected. Take your time and tackle them one at a time! Use this forum for information and guides as a lot of members have had the same problems! Of your problems, I've only had one of them (so far)! An oil leak which would not be cured - the common rocker cover gasket leak! I used the guide on here and made the mistake of buying a pattern gasket (as they're cheaper than the genuine part). After stripping and rebuilding it a couple of times, using different gasket sealant, I bit the bullet and bought a genuine gasket and rebuilt it without using any sealant (as Ford recommends) and it cured the problem!

Good luck and happy Puma ownership!

:eek:k: :eek:k: :eek:k: :eek:k: :eek:k: :eek:k:

Hi all many thanks for all the messages and good advice
going to garage tomorrow to have the oil leak looked out i have but a large can of oil in the boot so hopefully should get there,i will be glad to get this sorted so i can start using the car.
Yes the arches and all the bodywork looks really good just the mechanical issues to sort.
the mileage is 88k

Bad news today
The car when to the garage today and they informed me the oil is leaking from the head gasket and it needs replacing at a cost of £600.
so im not sure if this repair will be worth it as paid £500 for car,so my fault for believing the seller it was a rocker cover gasket i should of inspected car more properly.
It's a real shame as the bodywork on the car is immaculate :cry:

Sounds like a typical garage ripoff to me.Oil leak-from the headgasket?

Dave, you have a smashing little Puma there and for the price you paid for it, I would've had someone's arm off for it despite any little problems/niggles it may have.

As suggested, start with the rocker cover gasket. Genuine Ford for that item. I used to have a pattern one and it didn't last a year.
Maybe you could get the engine cover off and have a look at the spark plugs. If there is oil in there, then the gasket needs doing.....

This is not what you should find...:
23022012431.jpg

Thanks for replies
I took of engine cover at the weekend and no traces of oil anywhere very clean
and no oil anywhere near rocker cover.and a new rocker cover was fitted by nissan main dealers less than a 1000 miles ago.
but leaking very badly from head oil is flowing out at a alarming rate and i wouldnt like to drive car more than a couple of miles
i did carry a spare gallon today when i was going to garage.
I have no reason to not trust garage as always done a good job and used buy a lot of friends and family.

Any chance you could get a picture up of where it's leaking from...?
That MAY have been a silly question as you've already posted about the leak in the 'Servicing & Repairs' section..... :oops:

To be honest, even if it was the head gasket, I'd get it fixed up (although £600 quid sounds like a lot; I may just be out of touch with prices). The bodywork is superb on the car (looking at the photos) and it's well worth getting sorted. It's a cracker!

Latest posts

Back