New clutch on a budget

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustardmit

I suspected it might be too good to be true, my lovely shiny Pacific green Puma that I've had for less than a week is showing signs that its clutch is on the way out/needing replaced.
It's in lovely condition but the milage is fairly high (120k) so I did worry that this might happen.
I was pulling away (quite hard) from the lights on the A217 and the engine revved up in 2nd/3rd/4th with decidedly less acceleration than expected, so it's definitely slipping.
I've already gone over budget on this with road tax/insurance, so how can I get a satisfactory job done on the cheap if at all possible ?
V down about this atm :-(

It really depends on who does it, if you have the time an skills then the clutch kit is only £100 or so, if not then just have a ring round, companies are pretty competitive in the current climate so if you haggle you should get it at a good price, I paid about £280 for mine a few months back but that included the slave cylinder which is worth doing too!

Latest posts

Back