New exhaust needed

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kidders

My backbox is blowing, and the tailpipe has gone very rusty, the rest of the system looks original too so may not be far behind so i'm thinking of replacing the lot.

There are a number if systems available, the Sportex single box with race tube is very cheap, but i reckon it will be very boomy and raspy and i dont really want that.

I would prefer a slightly sporty sound but ultimately one that will actually improve on the original.

Big fan of Milltek, but a bit out of my budget at the moment, seen Mongoose for £300, and a Piper for £250, the latter i've heard is quiet loud and the Mongoose looks a bit odd!

Just interested in your opinions please!

i have a mongoose on mine was fine not too loud and when fitted manifold get a nice pop and bang on over run!! depends if you do a lot of motorway driving as might get on your nerves!

Problem is i might not want to do much motorway driving with a loud exhaust! I have a Milltek on my 220 and its brilliant, never a problem at motorway speed but sounds awesome, plus the build quality was really good.

Anyone used Jetex?

i all way gone to power flow they fit it what ever way you like and can have it as boomy you it and it cheep then the pre made ones and it good for life

I had a Jetex on an old car... can't say in my one experience that the quality was great, it had rotted off the car within 2 years.

It seems you know what you want i.e a Miltek especially as youve had one before, comments about having a custom exhaust made are ok, but would seem to cost the same if not more than a Miltek which you dont want to stretch to right now. Also you could spend £400 on a powerflow and not like it as much as a Miltek.

I think your options are
Bodge it up till you can get a Miltek
Get a used / cheap temporary backbox and sell it when you get what you really like
Just get a Miltek backbox (if thats possible ) till you can get the whole thing

At the moment its looking like a Sportex oval onto the OE centre section and then upgrade later on, i still need discs and pads, and get my wheelarches sported first.

Even better, i just got a full new OE system, OE discs and pads for £160, should of been £350!

Kidders said:
Even better, i just got a full new OE system, OE discs and pads for £160, should of been £350!

Bargain, all Ford parts :eek:

Where did you get it from??

Also got new Motorcraft plugs and a set of number plates for £163, all from Ford :wink:

What dealer was that, seems a good deal!

Off to Busseys in Norwich tomms for an Aux belt, hope they have some bargains too ;)

Its a bit better than that, i have a deal going with the parts man as he wants to buy my Puma in a month or so, he has offered me a good price for when i've finished with it, assuming of course i can actually part with it

Back