New rear springs longer than originals

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob987_0

I got some FK lowering springs which are supposed to lower the rear by 40mm, however, when I put the new rear springs next to the originals, they were longer. Would anyone expect this because the originals have been compressed over the years and they haven't sprung back to their original length?

I haven't been able to put the rear struts back on yet so I can't see how high or low the car looks with the new springs.

Ginger Tom said:
As you say the old springs will have lost some of their original height because of their age. Did you take a measurement of how high the rear arches were from the ground before you removed them from the ground?

Stupidly I didn't take the measurements but once I get the new ones on to the car I'm sure I'll be able to tell if they are higher or lower. Unfortunately the car is still on axle stands waiting for me to treat the rust. I'm hoping it's just a case of the old ones which have lost their height!

Latest posts

Back