New RS

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
red said:
Not a fan, but then I never have been really of the fast focus' to me just an excuse for a family man to have a bit more umph.

I don't see anything wrong with that! If such cars weren't made thered be no hot hatches or fast saloons :?

BOK said:
I wonder what Neil has to say about this...noticed 156GTAs start from £6k on Autotrader :shock: :wub: It may be a bit of a money pit but just imagine 250bhp of Alfa V6 under your right foot... :cool:

I've seen some even cheaper than that! Although as you say it would be a serious wallet basher. It does look gorgeous though :wub:

I still really really really really really want a 147 GTA. It's one of the only cars I'd consider chopping in the FRP for.

I must admit I dont like the fact that, invariably, hot hatches are made to look lairy, and well wikked innit....

we are not all from Chigwell. :p Or Southend, Margate, Chatham etc ;)

On the subject of Alfa's - I love them.... I think the old Top Gear (meaning the Jeremy Clarkson Ego Magazine Show) jokes about breakdowns and reliability are a thing of the past.

I ended up in a rental Bertone style JTD Coupe (yes, a diesel) and it was incredibly nippy, well balanced and handled phenomenally.

OMFG look what you can get for £15k...it can ONLY appreciate.

PS: It's not an 'M6', it's an 'M635CSi' and an early chrome bumper one too :)swoon:). Cool is an understatement :cool:

Remember this is 0-60 in 5.5secs and 155mph flat out (in 1985 :shock:)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/953250.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

953250-5.jpg

953250-2.jpg

Now I've seen a couple in the flesh, I've decided I really don't like it. I just think (in white especially, its too slab sided and with lots of slightly chavvy details on it. It just doesn't seem to have any character.

Now, this however:

alfaromeo147gtaniotnet1.jpg

I know it's supposed to be crap n'all, but it's sooooooooooo gorgeous :wub:

It's the only car I'd (realistically) consider getting rid of the FRP for.

3.2 litres of temperamental Italian front heavy 246bhp madness.

:wub:

But not quite as mental as this might be:

mito_gta1.jpg

The Mito GTA will follow the launch of the standard car due to go on sale in the UK next year, and it will feature a 1750cc, 230bhp turbocharged engine. It will include direct injection, variable valve timing and Alfa says it is set to be the most powerful car in the sector.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/24/alfa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ith-230hp/

:drool:

I still don't think it's quite as pure a design as the 147 though. Those lights give it a 'suprised' look, like someone has driven up it's arse :hide:

Nice to see ford has already cocked up the RS. they've put the wrong oil grades in the hand books and they dont know what oil they've put in the cars so there offering owners a free oil change and a new log book

Well, I still haven't got that test drive and I don't think im going too, think they've conveniently forgotten!.

I have managed to test something else though and I like it, alot!

Back