Newbie needs help

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hideabit

Hi,
Love my puma to bits, just coming up 10yrs old now and about to roll onto 60.000 miles.
It is due for a service and MOT in a couple of weeks and due to my mechanic retiring at the age of 72 i am putting my car into Ford to do a value service for £99. They will also do the MOT.

Advisories from last MOT : Handbrake needs adjusting, bush on suspension worn (cant remember which) and tyres balding on inner edge (front). Please note that i have not addressed these advisories yet.

I dont want to be shafted by ford so is there anything else i should consider before i hand the car over to them.

Any advice would be most grateful.
Thanks

That's an impressive age to retire. If you just check over the basic other stuff like all bulbs work, there's no warning lights on the dash then once you've got the advisorys sorted then I doubt you'll have an issue. Ford are usually ok in my experience with the basic stuff.

Hope it goes well.

Seem to remember hearing that Ford won't do the value service on a car under 3 years old since its so cr@p that it voids the warranty....can't remember where I heard it though so may just be a disgruntled customer but may have some truth.

SkunkMunkey3000 said:
Seem to remember hearing that Ford won't do the value service on a car under 3 years old since its so cr@p that it voids the warranty....can't remember where I heard it though so may just be a disgruntled customer but may have some truth.

I was speaking to my local Ford dealers only last week, and he was saying that the value service is much the same as a minor service in all but name. Oil, oil filter and air filter / rear shoes apart and cleaned and full health check for a Puma. And a years recovery at the mo.

They don't offer it on cars younger that 3 years so they can charge you more to maintain your warranty.

Hi Thanks for all your help.
Pumapilot..... I live in Sidcup, and dont know any local dealers.

I feel all it needs is an annual service/ health check. I only do roughly 5,000 miles a year and it seems to be running well.
I hate to say this out loud but as a woman, i really have no idea what to do if something was wrong. Thats why i have roadside recovery and am on the lookout for a new mechanic.

If you do have any problems whatso ever just post up :)

Theres nearly always someone here to help or advise :eek:k:

hideabit said:
........... and tyres balding on inner edge (front). Please note that i have not addressed these advisories yet.

Have you done 5,000 miles since then and done nothing about the tyres?

Back