Newbie to the ford world

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beefy85

Hi all, my name's Al and I've recently bought myself a Puma as a daily driver to help a mate out whilst my project is off the road getting re built. It's a 98 1.7 and I'm guessing entry level spec. It's a bit rough around the edges but the engine is in good condition and it's only got 70k on the clock.
If I'm honest I'm new to Fords and don't really know my way around them too well hence me joining here.
Jobs I need to do:

Fit O/S door mirror possibly upgrade to electrics if the loom is there
Fix N/S window
Fit glovebox door
Refit boot trim panels and find a parcel shelf
Fit heater control valve
Find out why the fan takes forever to cut in
Refit rear view mirror
Gut the inside and give it a good clean

To be fair that's about the sum of my plans as I don't have the time for a second project so for now it's just a tidy up ready for resale.

Thanks for reading.

Welcome alone to the Forum!

There's plenty of useful information here and lots of members willing to help.

The 'How To' section is a good place to look if your stuck on how to do something. The 'Search' feature is also a good tool to use as a lot of us have the same problems, so if you have an issue, it may have already been asked about!

Welcome aboard :thumbs:

I believe a member has fitted electric mirrors and that all you need are the window switches and that the loom is all there.

Get a genuine Ford Heater control valve.Theres a how to guide on fitting

Good luck with it

Welcome and enjoy your puma and don't sell her on, they are bags of fun! :grin:

Cheers for the welcome everyone. I'll be sure to check out the how-to guides and hopefully get an idea of what I'm doing.

Latest posts

Back