Nexen tyres?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evilrob

Went to get the Puma some new shoes today as the fronts were in dire need of replacement and I've got a lot of driving to do from tomorrow - went to the same guy we always take our cars to for tyres, always does a good job, doesn't try to wangle tracking unless it's needed and also doesn't upsell to premium brands without good reason.

Earlier in the year I replaced all four tyres on the 57 plate Jeep via this guy - still had the factory fitted Goodyear Wranglers on, replaced with the equivalent Falken on his recommendation - just as good as the Goodyears but for much less as he had said. Tows a horse in a trailer through sloshy mud no probs.

Well today, he recommended putting Nexen tyres on the Puma - he had PE2's in stock at twice the price, but he reckoned these Nexen jobbies were alright for the money - on par with similarly priced Toyos or Firestones (which he didn't have in stock or I'd have put Toyos on) and better than the more expensive Pirelli P6000 - no match for the Michelins, obviously, but he was of the opinion that the PE2's were clearly a "better" tyre but not twice as "better", so I've given them a go.

Will let you know how I get on - anyone else got any experience with these?

im running on nexen rubber there far from the best. as they only cost me £25 and they grip well and there not that bad in the wet. and you get lot of miles out off them so i got :eek:k: up for them

I've been mugged then - I paid £50 a corner fitted, balanced, new valve etc. :shock:

my mate get them at cost price plus it £25 just for the rubber not fitted. £50 is the price of most places that sell nexen and fix them

A dealership i know uses a lot of Nexen tyres, i have them on the back of my Transit, winter version though and have no complaints, not bad for the money really.

I had a Nexen tyre on mine and have to say the noise from it annoyed me so much I replaced it.It was so bad it made me think a wheel bearing had gone!

I have these on my V6 mondeo.

Not bad tyres, road noise isnt the quietest but they grip well in both wet and dry conditions and are quite hard wearing so get plenty of miles out of them.

Marshall are also supposed to be decent boots, not used them myself but know a couple of people who have and my tyre dealer has now stated using them.

Back