No lights on buzzer no door ajar icon on dash

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice of them to put it there! So is the device I got out the scrappy that wrapped around the lock from the Fiesta different?
It has a black plastic part that slides over 2 microswitch pins . The connector had 3 pins . The middle is common and then depending which pin switch is covered, the corresponding pin makes continuity of the circuit.

i honestly cant remember when i ripped all it out i just remember seeing it lol

if you take all of that off you will see whats what

I think before I remove the door panel, I am gong to need a few door card clips. then I'll have it to pieces.

Had right fun and games yesterday trying to buy a pink holder dash light bulb. As you've previously stated on another post they are unusual. Even drove to Ford dealer and he'd have to order them in, currently £3.56+vat plus a return visit to collect. Fortunately, I got it from the same donor Fiesta though.
I even took the bulb out of the holder in the hope of getting a match from the Dealer workshop, no luck.

I have hundreds of bulbs in stock , but couldn't match it

yeah nowhere has that pink bulb strange size even ring didnt have it listed in there entire catalogue ended up getting some from a breaker

DOH said:
I think before I remove the door panel, I am gong to need a few door card clips. then I'll have it to pieces.

Had right fun and games yesterday trying to buy a pink holder dash light bulb. As you've previously stated on another post they are unusual. Even drove to Ford dealer and he'd have to order them in, currently £3.56+vat plus a return visit to collect. Fortunately, I got it from the same donor Fiesta though.
I even took the bulb out of the holder in the hope of getting a match from the Dealer workshop, no luck.

I have hundreds of bulbs in stock , but couldn't match it

How did you do? Did you do this work, and did it resolve the driver door buzzer/courtesy light issue? I have the same issue, and was puzzled about how the pin switch was supposed to work...or have I misunderstood? I have a W-reg Millennium (2000). I really would rather not take the door to pieces, if it can be avoided! :roll:

(Also - this special dash bulb thing...has anyone got a pic of it, or worked out what the bulb type is called? - and did anyone consider soldering an LED in it's place?)

Back