Odd running problem has me stumped.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumc

Got the car out and mot'd this week, it's been off the road or a while so took it out to blow off the cobwebs and noticed a weird little fault with it. When coming off the throttle there's a delay in the revs dropping, almost like te throttle is sticking open slightly. It seems more prominent at low speeds, with the idle sitting at upo 2k for a moment until I come to a stop, then it drops down to below 1. I've checked the throttle isn't sit king and it doesn't seem to be, in swapped the iscv, as mine was a slightly flunked up (presumably from the 5th injector). I've checked the tps and VSS are both connected but not been able to check the sensors.

At a bit of a loss as to what could be causing this, anyone had it before?

There is a similar known issue with the FRP when the signal from the throttle position sensor is affected by corrosion in the connectors.
May be worth looking into that. It may be the same fault. Think the term for it is 'idle hang' or something like that.
The permanent fix for the FRP was to replace the connector at the TPS and bypass the connector behind the drivers side headlamp.
Paul

check the switch on top of the clutch pedal hasn't fallen off, check the wiring at and in the connector to the power steering sensor isn't broken, check the rubber nipple on the front of the throttle body isn't cracked or missing, check the area around the throttle flap isn't gunked up with carbon.

I had something similiar and had to disconnect the battery for 30 mins to reset the ecu after a good clean of the ICSV.
Sorted now ;)

Cheers for the replies chaps. I'll have a furk around with it and see what I can see. I've got a feeling the throttle could well be shitted up from the 5th injector as the iscv was a little bit black and I'll check the connectors throughout as several things have been off and on with test fitting the loom for the megasquirt.

Cheers again!

Latest posts

Back