Original FRP Tyres & Pressures?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pirelli P7000's - rocking horse poo I'm afraid.

No idea on the tyre pressures.

Flying Scotsman said:
32 on the rear 31 on the front

:eek: that would be an unusual setting :lol:

the book stated 29spi all round... which actually is also an unsual setting IMO, but it worked fine on the stiff P7000s

The Newer version of the 7000 is the PZero Nero which is pretty awesome actually, not as firm as the 7000 but slightly firmer than the equiv Pilot Exalto, and with a more modern Assemetric tread which feels nice on the floor.... get ya money out tho..not cheap.. :lol:

Chris

32 Rear / 31 Front is what is stated on the std Puma according to my book. FRP I guess will be different.

From the Puma Owner's Guide:

Standard Puma (195/50 VR 15) - Psi (Bar):

Up to 100 mph and short time driving over 100 mph:
Normal load, up to 3 people: Front 29 (2.0), Rear 28 (1.9)
Full load, more than 3 persons: Front 37 (2.5), Rear 41 (2.8 )

For continuous speed over 100 mph:
Normal load, up to 3 people: Front 32 (2.2), Rear 31 (2.1)
Full load, more than 3 persons: Front 40 (2.7), Rear 41 (2.8 )

the FRP owners supplement states 29psi all round. the supplement was a numbered (same as car) booklet that came with the FRP's to tell the owners the specific detail changes they needed to know differing from the puma owners manual....like 29psi, not to drive through deep puddles at more than 10mph (or rip off the splitter!) etc

I run to 29psi, seems fine to me

beware anyone who offers specific advice on tyres, stiffness, temperature etc etc....unless they actually run a race team (and I know a few who do!) they're just 'internet know-it-alls'.....beware!

Back