over rev problem

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshmm

Hello there i currently have a over rev problem, when i start my engine it revs strait up to between 3 and 5k then settles down and starts idle rough like a race camed engine would any idea? Thankyou

Sound like a throttle position sensor to me ( if you are going to buy one DON'T buy the cheap ones of ebay as they are poo, get yourself a genuine one ) hope this helps.
Also have a look at the front of the drivers side front wheel and you will see a connector on the power steering line, make sure both wires are good and not broken.

Okay mate thankyou. And would the power steering connector make a difference as i havent got the pas pump on at the minute and i was thinking maybe a idle control valve?

joshmm said:
Okay mate thankyou. And would the power steering connector make a difference as i havent got the pas pump on at the minute and i was thinking maybe a idle control valve?

No idea, but probably worth having it connected anyway to eliminate that as the problem

joshmm said:
Also do you have to program or teach the tps?

No, just unplug the battery when you change the tps and then go through the ecu calibration procedure like normal

Back