Personal Registrations

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My old personal plate T24 MRD didn't mean much to most people but for me it had my favourite number and my initials hence I liked it and that's all that mattered.

Unfortunately I sold the car and forgot about the plate so it's still presumably on the car!?!

Ive never been a fan of Personalised plates but the FRP came with one that suits the car so it'll stay on :)

I wouldnt go out and buy one though whether it resembled my name or not..

I've always fancied the number plate ROB1N, but i'd imagine it to be way to expensive.
I'd settle for N1BOR as well, but i've never seen it for sale on the DVLA site.

I wanted M4TTS but it was far too expensive as was A1DEN for my brother rofl

My case in point today: a mercedes worth about £50k with an expensive plate was stopped as the driver was talking on his phone. Turned out he had no insurance. Money should have been spent there before buying the plate!

WidespreadPanic said:
I've always fancied the number plate ROB1N, but i'd imagine it to be way to expensive.
I'd settle for N1BOR as well, but i've never seen it for sale on the DVLA site.
N1BOR is currently on a Mercedes according to Askmid. :eek:k:

Vehicle Make/Model: MERCEDES E 280 (05 ON) ES/AUTAVANTGARDE

One of the regs I'd have: J17CCB (birthday and initials) is currently on a Renault Modus (was on a Corsa a while back)

I'd only ever put a personalised reg on a car if it cost me less than the value of the car, and the car didn't need anything doing to it at the time that was more important.

I'd still buy one i think, but i dont know if people would recognise using the numbers i want for letters ( Like '13' for 'B' and '8' for B too :-( )

I have a personalised plate, V80NNE some people notice it, some don't. As long as I like it i don't really care what other people think. :grin:

I saw KN03 ROT on a mini driving out of my local hospital, that made me laugh a lot!
I also see P1JMA which has to be the best Puma plate ever, pity it's on a 1.4 not on mine but hey.

Having just bought a Puma, I'm wondering the same - is it worth putting a private registration on an a ten year old, low value car? I've got a plate on retention that I had on my Lotus Elise a couple of years ago that I'm considering putting on my Puma. The Puma is the first car since the Lotus that I really like and is definitely a keeper hence the consideration for putting the plate on! :oops:

I was told a while ago that the police/DVLA have the power to withdraw a plate if it's being used on a car with incorrect spacing.
They usually only do this after the second time that plate has been reported for incorect spacing hence the reason some plates which only mean something if spaced wrongly, come up for sale at what seemes like a bargain price, the seller knows if they get stopped by the police again they would have the plate withdrawn so they sell it off cheap while it's still got some value.

Usually, if your unlucky enough to get stopped for an illegal registration plate (spacing, font etc), the police officer will usually just give you "words of advice" and tell you to replace the plates with legal ones. If, however, you fail the attitude test, or the cop is a traffic jobs worth, they can deal with you a number of ways:-

1. A VDRS form. This requires you to replace the plates with legal ones, get the form stamped by an MOT garage confirming the change and then producing the stamped form at the police station you specified when you were stopped, all within 14 days!
2. A £40 non endorsable fixed penalty ticket.
3. A court summons.

The court or DVLA have the power and can revoke a plate which is constantly being misused by the owner of the plate. But this is extremely rare and only occurs when the above methods have been used and failed!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K-700NEY-ROONEY-LOONEY-MAN-UTD-CHERISHED-PRIVATE-NUMBER-PLATE-/270907961610?pt=UK_Cherished_Numbers&hash=item3f135f710a#ht_500wt_949" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; if i had the cash

i have one, J44 YPH but spaced J44Y PH and seeing as my name is Jason Paul Hardy and i get called Jay by every one it fitted quite nice, plus it was present from my parents so i was happy to have it, i have found J4SON but its 90k + VAT!!!

ive also never had any issues with it, yes is spaced wrongly but the fonts are correct and its the right size plate so its not the end of the world to have one character in the wrong place, i think the problem comes when people use stupid fonts and make 4 look like an A or a 12 look like a R thats when the plates become difficult to read, its once again common sense, keep it simple and you'll be fine

my brother has a lupo with H7UPO and that works aswell and seeing as it was only £150 it was a cheap addition to his project.

my opinion of them is there fine, names, cars, funnys, doesnt really matter..its something i can carry with me forever from car to car, the only downside the £80 fee for swapping it over. :evil:

Back