Power steering issues

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WH44

Hi I am putting back together a Ford Puma Millennium and I am having issues with the steering being very heavy and notchy when the car is not running and when the car is running and you turn the steering, the steering wheel shakes violently. The car has a new steering rack fitted. The fluid level is ok. Wondering if anyone has had this issue and been able to cure this problem.

Hi I have not come across this problem before, My steering with the engine off is very heavy but it isn't notchy. As you mention its a new rack,1) is it faulty?
2)Has the fluid in the system been bled properly to get all the air out? Could the 2 pipes fitted onto the rack be in the wrong position as iirc they are the same thread size.
3) If possible have a look at another Puma and possibly swap the pipes over in the rack.

The notchiness is not normal.

Power steering pump? - or little or no fluid
I have a spare which was removed from a working car a few weeks ago - you're for free if you want to collect - pm me if you want it
cheers

Latest posts

Back