Project 'D'

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if your planning on fitting a 2.0 lump dont bother with changing to digital dash, you'll need to run standalone ECU to run either 2.0 Zetec or ST170 engine.. either one is trounced by a 2.0 Duratec from a Fiesta ST, much better engine and much more tunable, i wouldnt waste time fitting digi clocks from a puma but instead either put ST170 clocks in with oil pressure and battery voltage guages or Fiesta ST dials when you do the 2.0 conversion.

Also if you planning on a turbo conversion then speak to jamsport there doing some mega things with the Fiesta ST engines, supercharged, turbo's, ITB's you name it..anything you want!

Rest of the car sounds really good, need pics thought!!

FYI..negative comments come as second nature on car forums im afraid.

PumaJay said:
FYI..negative comments come as second nature on car forums im afraid.

Although we like to think you'll get fewer than the average negative comments round these parts..

Welcome!

Ginger Tom said:
I'm with jay on this one, the st150 duratec out of the first is probably the best option, you could probably get a lot of cosworth parts for it to give it silly hp, if that's what you want to go for

exactly, the list of parts on the cosworth website is actually arousing... just the price isnt!

i wont drop "straight in" no, but it will go in to a puma, little bit more work but in the long run its worth the extra spend, its a very tunable and reliable engine. check out pumanoobs car.. he's done it.

you can run good power from them, but the art comes from running the right amount of power for the car, theres no point having say 400bhp if you can put it on the road, the idea is to find that balance between drivability and performace, master that you'll end up with one hell of a car, id say 300bhp is about the moust your going to want to put through any FWD car, Errol (duratec turbo FRP) has around 340bhp and says its too much for the car.

Cost wont be cheap to do the Duratec conversion, with turbo etc but if you can, build and fit the engine yourself you'll save alot of cash, biggest cost is ECU, wiring and mapping.

Latest posts

Back