Project Puma Christmas Meal 2013 - 7th December 2013 6PM

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evilrob

This year's Christmas Meal will be held at the Caldecotte Arms in Milton Keynes on the 7th December at 6PM because it looks awesome - it's got a Windmill and everything:

banner.jpg

http://www.fayre-square.com/pub/caldecotte-arms-caldecotte-milton-keynes/p1299/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Many thanks to DOH for the tip-off.

Booked a bit earlier this year so that people who have longer journeys can get off home and arrive back at a sensible time, and those who have designated drivers have a bit more drinking time in the bar area we can move onto after eating. While there is a Premier Inn on site, unfortunately it's fully booked that night.

They are doing a 'Christmas Fayre' menu; if you want this it needs to be preordered, so let me know ASAP if you're ordering from this menu:
http://www.fayre-square.com/Media/menus/pdf/2013-fm.pdf

You can order off the regular menu if you prefer:
http://www.fayre-square.com/Media/menus/pdf/FSSept13Main.pdf

For those of you that can't view PDFs for whatever reason, here are the menus as JPEGs:

Christmas menu:
christmasmenu.jpg

Normal menu:
normalmenu.jpg

Date: 7th December 2013 6PM
Daytime jolly: Possible tour of local car-related facility - arranged by Martin, Spike has a good route for a drive if we fancy that too.
Evening meal: Caldecotte Arms

If anyone wants to stay over at a local hotel, let me know as I try to get a discounted group rate if there are a few of us. Last year I got us a (quite nice if I recall correctly) room at the Holiday Inn for £31.65 each! I can't promise that again, but I'll do my best.

For those who haven't joined us in previous years, every year we have a meal held in honour of Colin (Bok), a much-loved former member of the club who sadly passed away in 2009; it is tradition to wear something YELLOW!

Confirmed:
Me (obviously) - christmas menu
red - christmas menu
Spike. - christmas menu
Puma Babe - christmas menu
Cherie - christmas menu
Neil - christmas menu
DOH - christmas menu

martinthrapston - normal menu
Dal - normal menu
Vix / Kev - normal menu

Bentleya
warrenpenalver

Interested:
Sisangster

Can't make it:
Zara
Mac / Amanda
Lottie

Requires hotel:
Puma Babe
spike.
evilrob

I think Milton keynes was a good location.

Maybe look into the deal at the hotel we stayed at.

Certainly would be good to have accommodation at same venue.

No date will suit everyone, so maybe a quick poll, so see which date most people can make, certainly a Saturday is good, so people can get there in time, and maybe do a daytime drive like we did last year.

Milton Keynes is a thumbs up for me it's fairly close and will b my first meet well up for it :thumbs:

quest63 said:
They do terrible terrible things to you on your first meet :(
How would you know? You've not turned up to one yet! :p

I'm not saying you're wrong, but we *have* toned down the nudity in recent years. :-D

:cool: I need a date before I can commit but I'm definitely interested.

I have a wedding reception to attend on the 14th though.

Milton Keynes is good with me and if we can get a date selected ASAP i can book it into my very busy schedule.

I'm free on Saturday the 23rd of November as well as the 7th and 14th of December.

There is a ASK, Coal Grill and Bar, Frankie and Benny's, Nando's as well as a Pizza Express at the Xscape indoor ski centre in the centre of Milton Keynes. http://www.xscape.co.uk/milton-keynes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - There is a Premier inn just across the road from this.

PS. I'll be in my big Van, so where every we choose has to have parking suitable for me please!

I think MK is good because it's fairly local to us and kinda central for everyone else.
And yea the service at giraffe kinda sucked last year lol, I just said to Mac maybe something like Frankie and Benny's or TGI Fridays would be a good venue!
I'll more than likely be working during the day so won't be able to attend the drive during the day, but any Saturday after the 13th December will be good for us as that's when Mac gets home :)

Ive spoken to force india and seeing if they might give us a tour of there base at silverstone,if they dont i will try mercedes petrona and see if they can do something for us.I shall be up for the meet aswell.

red said:
Coal Grill looks like an interesting place to try!

The Coal Grill in Meadowhall always does a good meal so I'd hope it would be as good elsewhere. If you pick a date I'll negotiate to be able to come or at worse bring Bren with me (if no one objects)

Haha... all the usual suspects. :lol:

I think somewhere in the Xscape sounds like a plan.

Martin - sounds like you've got some awesome things in motion for a potential facility tour/maybe some kind of wonky deal on eats. Keep us posted!

Ross - do you want to lead a daytime drive?

Now all we need to do is settle on a date. Things get awkward here as the 7th would exclude Mac and Amanda, the 14th would exclude Matt, the 21st is too close to Christmas and the 30th November might be a bit too early.

Think I'll have to put it to a vote. :?

If anyone's planning on staying over, let me know - I'll see if I can wangle a reasonable rate on rooms like I did last year.

Back