Puma Diet!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TyeBoi

Ok... just want peoples ideas on weight loss for the puma.

I know a lot of things have been spread all over the place on here about different things to remove but maybe we could get them all in one post?

i.e.

Air Con
Back Seats + Panels
Rear Wiper Motor and Blade
Spare Wheel + Cage

Anymore free (or cheap) removals you can think of.

i.e. not light weight wheels or carbon bonnets

and any know about weight distribution as I can see the puma becoming very nose heavy and not being very good in turns.

i.e. battery in the boot? how easy? how safe? {bike battery possibly?}

engine bay; bonnet carpet, resonator, rad scoops / surrounds, ALL excess wiring, smaller windscreen water bottle from fiesta, iv chopped 3/4 of the bumper frame off mine! damper counter weights, iv had alloy bonnet hinges made for carbon bonnet, ali bonnet prop! im getting titanium lower arms made soonish, racing ali calipers, ali disc centres, coilovers, rocker cover cover, smaller battery (iv got an odyssey 925), il be having an ali subframe made up eventually, will make an ali rad cradle, ali engine mounts (vibratechnics).....er...!

Not 100% but I'm sure I saw a guide on here about taking out certain steel brackets i.e. rear belt floor brackets etc etc etc. Might have been in Warrens project post or one of our overseas members but not 100%.

Either way I'd have alook at the project threads as they vary from light stripping to all out butchery...lol

lol thanks for that post jacko now u make my car sound fat!

i was amazed with those bonnet hinges! will have to look into stuff like that at a later date.

I am going to start looking at what I can rip out of my engine bay like radiator covers in the near future.

I couldnt have the suspension counter weights when i put the coilovers on so they have gone anyways.

I am thinking of putting a small motorbike battery in the glove box or somewhere similar.

Back