Puma home in 2 weeks!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HampusSoder

So, I'm 17 years old and looking to buy my first car! I decided to go with the puma as it's so much car for the money! :) I have more or less bought one and will go and get it in 2 weeks. Here´s some pictures of it!

5622224382.jpg

5683675594.jpg

5601214081.jpg

So it's a 1,7 with 125bhp -99. It looks to be in great shape and no rust. I will right away put on new rims that we have spare in the family that looks pretty good imo!

It may be a bit early of thinking about styling but I think these lamps looks quite cool from a close look but I'm a bit worried it will look stupid on the car. What do you think? Can someone who has them put up a picture!? :)

bakljusfordpumak1pu.jpg

LECA3300-p.jpg

Welcome!

Please don't put the headlight covers on - it makes the car look dim..

And do anyone have a picture of a puma with the shelby stripes? either on sides or over the car or both? I don't really know how it would look like so I don't really know if I want it or not! :grin: If someone is pro at photoshop that would also work.

Atleast I think it looks okey on this picture, even thogh the stripes are not close enogh.
OAAAANTao4-4G_LtY6h2lbiPlRJmpS1k-rb6jtixQvSu0f64aASRtFxrrPNTyg7v1GF7y4z2kTdzuSw9kZLSI5PRR8UAm1T1UBRmuHQ_rRUtbF3udv_Mp3tODF1D.jpg

In the future I want to add a spoiler! I Really like the f2 and the curvy one but I also kind of like the evo wing, but that looks pretty ridiculous if the car isn't wide and "racey". But maybe you can cut the wing and make it lower? Anyway, does someone know a website where you can find all these parts? I live in Finland and need to import. :)

Does anyone know someone that have widen the car by themself? I can't afford a bodykit for thousands of euros. My dad is a refinisher and is beast at epoxy.

Please come with your ideas and opinions! :)

Hi,
this is only my personal opinion, the Puma is a classic shape and that is what draws us to it. Why do you buy one in the first place, do you buy it to change it. I think that the designers got it right and there is no need to try to improve upon it. I can understand the need for spoilers for a particular need such as racing. The design is pure and should only be changed for a specific need. Any changers should be complementry to the original design and a subtle enharncement taking on board the original design. There is very little that can be done to inprove on an iconic masterpiece of shape.
Regards
Richard.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
Hi,
this is only my personal opinion, the Puma is a classic shape and that is what draws us to it. Why do you buy one in the first place, do you buy it to change it. I think that the designers got it right and there is no need to try to improve upon it. I can understand the need for spoilers for a particular need such as racing. The design is pure and should only be changed for a specific need. Any changers should be complementry to the original design and a subtle enharncement taking on board the original design. There is very little that can be done to inprove on an iconic masterpiece of shape.
Regards
Richard.

I do also like the look original, but I have always liked that kind of styling that I'm describing. But that's just personal opinions! :)

RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
Hi,
Regards
Richard.

I will print this and put in on the wall in my garage. My thoughts exactly!
(time for a smiley with clapping hands and bowing to the ground)

PS. Good luck with the car; you are in Denmark, if I recognised the style of plates?

Wild E. Coyote said:
RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
Hi,
Regards
Richard.

I will print this and put in on the wall in my garage. My thoughts exactly!
(time for a smiley with clapping hands and bowing to the ground)

PS. Good luck with the car; you are in Denmark, if I recognised the style of plates?

Haha, not denmark...It's bought in sweden and now it lives on the Åland Islands in Finland! :)

Skippy said:
Congratulations. That looks in great condition. :)
Thanks, yeah it's in pretty good condition. The colour on the back right side is not accurate but otherwise it's fine! :) But all electrics works and the body is nice and solid and the seats and the other interiors are fine. :)

Back