Puma? Not a family car?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
This owner looks as though their not giving up ownership without a fight!

commitment.jpg

Top box, tow bar and baby on board sign.

:D

haha, like it! Used my Puma the other day to help my sister pick up some A0 size paper I think it was. Anyway, it took up the majority of the car and driving home was interesting!

the puma is plenty big enough for your average family with 1 kid. Problem being that most modern familys are under the deluded perception they need absolutely everything for every possible situation in the car and are also deluded into needing a pram that could be used as an invasion tool with all the cubby holes on them!!!

People managed in much smaller cars in the 60/70/80/90s. The ford fiesta for example was promoted as a family car back in the day!!! and remember back then it was 2.4 children!!! Thes days the average working family cant afford more than 1 child so it should be easier in a small car!!! After all these days it seems only people on benefits can afford to have 4/5 kids!!!!

warrenpenalver said:
These days the average working family cant afford more than 1 child so it should be easier in a small car!!! After all these days it seems only people on benefits can afford to have 4/5 kids!!!!

Christ, how true that is!!

Which is why I think the level of society in this country has gone down the pan. It basically means that now and in years to come only 1 in 4/5 (to quote your numbers) of the future generations have the idea that earning your own way in society through hard work to have a good life like their parents is the way to go. The rest will/do think they have the god given right to everything for nothing no matter what the consequences or impact on anybody else than themselves and then expect to be treated with respect aswell. It's so obvious this is happening already from what I see in the clear lack of respect from some of the younger generation who were brought up on the welfare system. After all, why would they know any difference when their parents have the same attitude and don't care what their kids do as long as they are ok themselves.

Some may say I'm cynical but I see a hell of a lot of evidence to justify these feelings. :(

Well i will certainly hopefully have mine a few more years as i cannot afford to save for anything else at the moment.
I have put a carseat in mine in the past for my niece and had no problems.

Rhys if he gets this job with BAE gets discount on Vauxhall so VXR will be researched :)

Well if im honest, my xr2 has worked perfectly as a family car, and its taken us all round the country. When buying my puma, i really didnt give much thought to my gf's kid, and as a result, the buggy doesnt fit in the boot, no matter how hard i try. The kid is only 2 at the mo, and fits on on the back seat in a car seat, but cant see it being like that for long when he gets bigger. It is a bit hopeless as a family car, but then it was never designed to be one.

I fit a whole pizza boy moped in the back of my old fiesta once! Can barely fit a large pizza in the puma! :p

The people I bought my first puma off didn't have any problems with having it as a family car, they had 2 teenaged sons nearing 6ft, so a 2yr old shouldn't be problem. They were only selling as it was the dog that was getting too big for car!

i have 3 kids,my 2 youngest fit in the back no probs with booster seats,full size ones,youngest being 2 and half so dont need pushchair now but i have a small one that would fit if needed anyways,eldest has his own car lol when they are older i see no probs with them being in back as the seats are slighly bucketed they sit lower than they do now on boosters so im very happy that mine serves very well as my toy and joy car and as a family car

Owning a puma and a mk4 fiesta i must say the fiesta is a good bit better for carrying people in the back. And the boot is a much better shape, though its not as deep. If they were re-designing the puma i would get rid of those shelves that the parcel shelf attaches too, they stop bulky items like fridges going in.

Back