Radiator Upgrade

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaverick

I'm looking to upgrade the radiator on the Puma rally car as the original needs replacing so may aswell upgrade at the same time.

Does anybody know what options there are, I've read about cosworth and focus rs radiators, are these a good option?

Any part numbers, links or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

i should think aslong as its longer higher and thinker and it fit it should be fine mate

i should think aslong as its longer higher and thinker and it fit it should be fine mate

Yes I've searched alloy rads but I'm more interested in larger radiators from other models that fit the puma rather than fitting an alloy replacement. The cost of an alloy radiator would not be acceptable for me for rallying considering the likelihood of it getting damaged and needing replaced.

i would say just stick with the standard one, you wont go above its tolerances, no point upgrading something just for the sake of it

people often forget overcooling is not a good thing

Due to the nature of the engines mod's it tends to run a bit hotter, i doubt overcooling will be an issue as the car will be getting lots of abuse out on the stages. For example the last event i did (co-driving) was in a 206 gti (running 250bhp+ on jenvey's etc) and we where having trouble keeping the car cool and that was with a larger than standard radiator too. Ideally we would have an ally one but as Gary has said it is likely to be getting replaced regularly.

It's also with noting that there is no longer a heater matrix and associated pipework in the car which has reduced the coolant capacity which needs to be replaced by a larger capacity radiator.

Back