Rattle Rattle . . . .

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NIge

Right, for £400 I can acceopt the fact my Puma has a few problems (needs a service, cambelt and has a rusty arch), but the rattle in the boot is making me go insane!

I have stripped out the interior of the boot to try and find the problem, it is not the wheel jack, the spare wjeel;, any of the plastics or the handles that fold the seats down!

I dont think it is the boot itself as I have put some rubber stoppers on. It sounds like it is coming from the drivers side, could it be the boot popper (which still works perfectly) as the pins seem a bit loose in their casings?

The noise happens all the time, in general friving, slightly worse over bumps and definatley sounds metallic . . .

Any help / ideas would be appreciated. :)

Not fully, but I had a look underneath and the exhaust (an aftermarket stainless steel jobbie) seems to be fixed sercurly enough, I'll have a look on my break. The noise seems to be from higher up though!

sounds like strut top mount . You might be able to tighten it up with a dogleg style ring spanner without stripping out too much interior trim from the inside of the boot.

Boot interior is all out!
Dont suppose you know what size spanner do I need, as I'll have to grab one from my garage lock-up?

Mine is making same noise, its the exhaust heat shield on mine thats gradually got worse and sounds like its now sitting on the exhaust :eek:

Late reply, but I have had a look and it is definatley the passengers side rear strut top. Its a bit loose (it wil turn 1/12th a turn either way)

What size dog leg spanner do I need as nothing I have will fit :roll:

I dont really want to remove the metal plate adjacent it as that involves removing a lot of the seat locking mechanisms

Thanks in advance . . .

Hi !

Resurrecting this thread as I have same symptoms. Is the "passengers side rear strut top" the thing that holds up the hatchback rear door ?

regards
kevin

Back