Rear disc conversion- St150/St170 increase track width ..?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puma_TBR

As the title states really

All the bits for my conversion have arrived today... now before I go ahead with changing the parts, I have been looking at axle/hub spacers as now would be the time to do it

2002 car so I assume it has the wider axle fitted. But I think I remember reading that the disc conversion increases width.?!?!??? Does it? And if so does anyone know by how much?

Before I order the incorrect or spacers that I just don’t need lol

Many thanks
Tom

Hi Tom,

It's not a lot but I didn't measure mine so can't say exactly. This thread says 9mm though and I'd say it's about the same.

https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=25826

Paul Z

Thanks Paul.
I’ll do a before and after when I’m done and post it for future people too👍🏻

Having read a couple of posts now about clearance issues of using ST150 rear brake callipers/ handbrake mechanism. I’m curious before I bolt on / attempt to. What modification is needed to the Cali per to make these work. Or alternatively does using “say” 20mm axle spacers solve this issue?

Many thanks Tom

Craig measured an added 12.5mm per side with ST170 rears. Obviously 20mm beam spacers would need replacing with 12.5 so the tyres don’t foul the arches

Latest posts

Back