Removing speedo

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jl888

Hello Guys

Hope you are well.

I'm new here and picked up my puma not so long ago.

Some of my dash light bulb went and i am looking to replace them. Was out there in the car just now to get the speedo out but could get pass the steering wheel gateway!

I have looked up a few posts before i wrote this and apparently it can come out as long as the "Red hazard Lights" button is out of the way.

Does any one what is the best way to remove that button?

Thanks in advance
JL

It will come out but its a squeeze.

Alternatively, battery off, two 5.5mm on the back of the airbag, 15mm in the centre of the wheel, back it off but leave it in a few turns so it catches the wheel, sharp thump on each side of the wheel and remove the bolt completely.

Pozi on the immobiliser, cut the tie wrap and unplug the airbag. Steering wheel is free to leave.

Ensure throughout that you avoid moving the wheel as it needs to go back in the same position.

Thank you Ian its great to know someone have done it without getting the steering wheel off! i will give it a try again without getting the steering wheel off :)

I have defiantly done it more than once without taking the steering wheel off... I had to take the indicator stalk bit off though.

If i remember right there is one screw at behind the red hazard button somewhere that holds the stalks on and also some wiring connectors need undoing but after that is out of the way i was able to slide the speedo bit out (after unplugging it)

Back