Replacement Steering Wheel?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SJBPuma

Anyone got any thoughts on the best option to replace my steering wheel as it has gone all horrible and sticky.... even after cleaning the leather is gross!!

If you don't want the 'melted' leather effect, you could always go for a boggo Fiesta one (although make sure it's from a Zetec model, others have a larger diameter).

Just had the car veleted and the once grubby horrible and disgusting steering wheel is as good as new with all the old sticky stuff (old sweat and gunk off other owners...erughhh :-( ) cleaned off with a scraper!

ScubaSteve said:
pics, might try this with mine

STL.jpg

STR.jpg

I have since conditioned it with Gliptone.

Sorry no 'Before' pics :grin:

that looks great ... what sort of scrapper did you use? just a scrapper or some fluid with it?? details details details lol

I will give my friendly valeter a call to see what he used and process and post the results later :grin:

To clean:

Use leather cleaning product or use a mild detergent like baby shampoo if unavailable to soak the grime and then scrape using a blunt tool (he uses a tool similar to one of those U shaped tools that you use to pull the radio out). Wear eye protection as the gunk gets all over the place as you scrape it off :cool:

Once done, clean with warm water and let the leather dry out then condition with any leather conditioning product.

There you go....Robert is your Aunt's 'live in lover'

Bridlad said:
i have a habit of scratching my bare genitals whilst driving so if i ever sell the car i pity the next owner :lol:
Must be a 'Man' thing cos my hubby does this too...thought not whilst driving i have to admit :oops:

haha.
I agree the Puma steering wheel is prone to going all soft and weird-feeling. It feels like anti-bacterial wipes are wearing it down further.
I try to handle the rubber bits top and bottom to minimise wear.
I think it is a man thing, but it's a manly trait I don't share. That looks like a new steering wheel you've put on it, SJb

The steering wheel has come up a treat and i do agree it looks new, so you can guess at my smugness :wink:

I was all for asking for a replacement too. Give it a go, what do you have to lose?

Soft and weird...reminds me of something else...but i am not going there :cool:

Back