Reverse light flicking on/off

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shimmyhill

As per title, apparently my reverse light flicks on and off when i reverse and it seems to be in relation to the clutch being in or out...

Is this going to be the reverse light switch on the gearbox or something else??

Switch or the loom, the plug is on the front of the gearbox and fairly vulnerable.

They do fail, if you have a search there are a few people having had that same problem.

If you unplug it you should be able to either ground it and have the lights come on, or read the output from it on a meter and see whether it appears to be functioning. Not sure of the pinouts but that's where I'd be looking.

Cheers Ian, is it easy enough to get to - i understand its on the front of the gearbox?? I have jacks and a gravel drive so accessible?

(i'm guessing you will have a few if i cant get one locally??)

Yeah above or below, think its marginally easier underneath as from the top you'd need to move the intake pipe to get your hand down there.

I've got them if you're stuck finding one locally.

I had this problem today and I bridged the reverse light switch cable and my reverse lights worked. I bought a new reverse light switch for £9.07 and now they are working fine, by the way I fitted the switch from above after removing the air filter trunking. :grin:

Back