Rolling Road Day! - AmD - Thurrock, Essex

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah you should come Al, be good to see your Puma on the rollers.
Not being funny or ungrateful but i can spend a tenner on a bbq and have a few powdered dry buns at AMD... or go to this burger van and get the biggest french stick sausage egg onions mushrooms and a cup of tea for a fiver?!

If when we get there we've got well over the 20, and they can rustle up the barbeque guy on the day, then all well and good.

But there's no point offering the free barbeque as an option, then saying that you're not going to have it, even though we meet the minimum criteria.

Or...

If we get 20+ and we don't get the BBQ - can we have a discount on the £35 ??

*chuckle*

Ok I think people are getting a little confused..

Minimum Number of cars 10 = £35 (no BBQ Option)
15-20 cars = £35 (with option of BBQ for £10 extra = £45)
20+ cars = £35 (Free BBQ)

Okey Pokey? :eek:k:

[tongue in cheek]

So if we get 20+ cars and don't have the BBQ, is it cheaper than £35?

[/tongue in cheek]

Sorry, just being a pain because it's not my meet and I'm usually fending off the questions from numpties.. Ignore me.!! :p

Seriously though... the only problem might arise if we say there's 20+ and get the BBQ booked for the £35, then only 17 come along and they want to charge £45.

If you say they can do it on the day dependant on numbers then that's the safest way forward.

I'm sure tapping AMD for a fiver off, or couple people free on day who can toss what they would have paid into a charity fund on behalf of PP and AMD would be options ;)

however organizing any event like this on a forum is a nightmare, so hats off to you, and everyone else just go and enjoy, BBQ or not, whats a fiver, when you save over that a week in fuel ATM

Seriously though... the only problem might arise if we say there's 20+ and get the BBQ booked for the £35, then only 17 come along and they want to charge £45.

If you say they can do it on the day dependant on numbers then that's the safest way forward.
I see your point Dal - That's something I'll clear up with Ben shortly. I'm sure they'll be much more relaxed about it than we're making out, very likely is day dependant as of course this is not going to be the first time they a holding a RR club day with a possible bbq dependant on numbers... (I still find the idea of a BBQ in February amusing)
Code:
however organizing any event like this on a forum is a nightmare, so hats off to you, and everyone else just go and enjoy, BBQ or not, whats a fiver, when you save over that a week in fuel ATM

Tbh its been no stress at all, haven't collected deposits, haven't had to order/collect anything. Anyone could have arranged this and most people on the day aren't going to know who I am but that's not the point, long as people enjoy themselves, oogle some cars, takes some pics, get slightly aroused at motors giving it the beans, potentially scoff some free BBQ and have some laughs then I'd consider it a success.

Yeah, hardcore BBQ! Some might be standing near it all day if its cold lol

I think all projp members should wear name badges :p so everyone knows who's who

I'll be the one in the only projectpuma fleece in existence :eek:k:

Back when we did orders for polo shirts (last one was probably 5 years ago or something), Dal had a fleece made up too.

MrPark3r said:
I'll be there in my Seat Leon and i'll be bringing a friend in his 123D, and another friend in his Scirocco. :)

^^ Flippin' 'eck ^^

1376 days between posts - welcome back!

:lol: only a few days then! :roll:

Thanks, I'll see you all Sunday!, lets see what I get out of the beast, It'll be the third time on that RR..

had a few new Toys recently though, so I'm hoping for a good run! (bloody better be, amount I've spent! :x )

Emailed Ben across the attendance list and also another possible 9 from the Trackday Facebook Group. Also asked for confirmation with numbers/BBQ and whether day dependant as Dal Mentioned.

Please excuse my car but it will still be sporting a lovely dented bonnet :(

Hmm the 9 potential people from the facebook page I mentioned weren't included in the reply I got, seems like they don't want the hassle of the BBQ although I did email back saying currently its potentially 34 max but as I can't make guarantees I'll leave it up to them.

Hi Neil,

If you are not confident about having 20+, probably best to knock the BBQ on the head. As you are hovering around the 20 mark, there will always been at least 5 that are not able to attend. We have to purchase all the food and get an extra body in, so it needs to be covered.

Does anyone want a free silver drivers side Puma wing? Got one to replace the one on my old Thunder but never fitted it. Had a bit of rust at the very bottom but I started to treat it. Can bring it if anyone wants it?

Latest posts

Back